close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'M BOOOOOOORED....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by jezterr, May 10, 2005.

1. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

work is boooooring...

how come we don't have an off topic section?

someone suggest doing something. why isn't it 7, yet?

la la

2. I hear ya. I'm at work right now with my thumb up my ass trying to find out which way tickles the most.

3. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

mine tickles most when i point it to the right...

4. ah there we go heheh hahaha oh boy i think i just messed myself

5. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Today I had to get up at zero hour for the first time in a year. 6:00AM baby. You shouldn't be waking up, and you shouldn't still be up if you stayed up late. But now that's my schedule for my summer job. WHOOOOO!!!

6. Do we need an off-topid section??

7. I get up that early too. What are you doing for work?
    I am a glorified dishwasher in a lab. It gives me a lot of time to think.

L

8. I can't sympathize since I spent the afternoon polishing parts and rounding up others for my cobra EFI conversion. :301

9. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

I got hired at a veterinary medicine place, writing a program that will communicate with a plate sample reader (I forget what it was called....I want to say a spectrophotometer, but I may be reverting back to my old job in a different laboratory).

In any case, it's pretty fun! It's not quite as glorious or professional as it may sound though. They are getting hooked up with cheap labor, and I am getting hooked up with experience. Plus, it's programming in Visual Basic, so it's not like I'm being an UBER MAD HAXOR!!!!111!!!11!11

I go early, because of schoolin' in the afternoon. Hence the zero hour.

I was really stoked though. For the first time in my job experience, I have an office! A real office! It's even clean and everything. I've had desks and computers before, but I am so stoked about the office thing, even though I know it's completely trivial. $8 an hour, but I have an office baby! Look out big world! Whooooooooooo!!!

Bring on the dumpster, bathroom and cardboard box office jokes...

You're a dishwasher in a lab? I did that for a while. It was awesome. I got really good at singing out of boredom, and my coworkers got good at wearing earplugs. They hated me because I broke so many dishes though. I think the words out of my boss's mouth was something like "statistical impossibility." I got a promotion to lab tech out of pure stupidity, so they could keep me away from breaking more.

10. It's been well-proven that ability, talent, a good singing voice and hard work will get ya demoted

Um, I'm gonna have to go ahead and ask you to move your cubicle to the basement.. :coffee2:

11. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Hehe, maybe. Na, we just need this ongoing monsoon in Pullman to stop. I was racing Kevin Costner and his WaterWorld boat to school today. He saw me coming a mile away, and still cut me off, so it was on like Donkey Kong.

[​IMG]

Here is me totally tearing down stadium way this afternoon.

[​IMG]

I hosed water all over his sidekicks.

[​IMG]

All in all, I would say it was a decent way to start my day, but now my air filter is all wet.

[​IMG]

12. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

I still have yet to steal a swingline stapler!

13. Perhaps, but can you mumble your words and burn a workplace down? :D

14. Um, yeah, well, yeah about all those dishes you broke um yeah, would you mind coming in on Saturday and ordering some more beakers, yeah, and some more pipettes? Greeeaaat.

15. cordodor

cordodor Retired

“Excuse me, Senor? May I speak to you please? I asked for a Mai Tai and they brought me a Pina Colada? And I said “No salt... NO SALT for the Margarita”, but it had salt on it.”

16. Stupid fact stuck in E's head:

The girl with the map tatoo in waterworld is also the girl from Napoleon Dynamite...

I think that piece of info replaced some chemistry from college...

E

17. I think so. But who am I?

18. That has to be one of the best movies EVER.
    It kind of speaks to each one of us. :joker:

19. KillermondoDude

KillermondoDude Intellectually Sphinctered

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holey Resurrection Fratman