close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Inaugural Idaho Motorcycle Show

Discussion in 'Boise Region' started by Vegasrider, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Nothing like the big shows you get in the major markets, but it's a start. $15 for all 3 days. I took full advantage today, as Yamaha and Indian had demo bikes on site, so you could actually go on a group ride that last about 20-25 minutes. Much better than the test rides that you take at the dealership that only last about 5 minutes. The vendors inside were kind of lame, a lot of local vendors that you see all the time and I was kind of dissapointed that there was nobody from Ducati since we have no dealerships here in Idaho. Definately could have used more dealerships(sad when Toyota was one of them) and more vendors that sold higher end gear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Started off on the FJ-09 that was equipped with the panniers which is a very nice feature to have. A nice do it all bike, kind of like my FZ6. Sat kind of high, I'm only 5-9. Had plenty of getty up.

[​IMG]

FJ-1300. Really loved this bike. But it's too big to be used as an everyday bike.

[​IMG]

The Vmax. The bike I disliked the most out of the 4 I rode today. Stiff suspension, front end is real heavy making it tough to turn, even when you are rolling. Part of the instrument panel is on the tank, requiring you to take your eyes off the road and look down to read how much fuel you have remaining, odometer, time, etc. Didn't really have a good opportunity to see what she had, maybe got up to 70mph after slingshoting, which is kind of frowned upon on these group demo rides.

[​IMG]

Indian Chiefton, I picked the blue one so it matched my gear. Overall, a nice bike but my legs were too short to comfortably reach the shifter. I heard it's adjustable. I liked that the instrument panels were up front, nice and high. Also had an adjustable electronic windscreen.

[​IMG]

I'm planning to return tommorow morning to demo some more bikes. Really wished that there were more manufacturers that offered group demo rides.