close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Iron Butt Award

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, May 22, 2005.

1. Well, I am hanging onto all my gas receipts and going to mail them in to get the infamous Iron Butt Award...

I rode down to California, and spent the night in Oregon. Had my fun in Cali, and then decided to one-shot the entire way back to Spokane.

I rode yesterday from Sacremento, CA to Spokane, WA and the odometer logged roughly 1026 miles, it took me a little over fourteen hours to do the trip including stops for gas every 120 miles. My butt was beyond sore last night and I just collapsed into bed, woke up 12 hours later now hehe...

The ride sucked going down there, all rain and hail and just miserably cold. Ride back up was better. I only took back roads in Northern California and Southern Oregon, and slabbed the Interstate the rest of the way.

Radar detector saved me ooh soo many times, didnt get one ticket! I'll post up some pics later.

I'm still recovering from all the lane splitting allowed in Cali.

Shrek X likes this.
  2. WHAT A SIN! You didnt take backroads in Oregon? Your INSANE! You missed some of the best twisties on the west coast! Ah well, its in the past now... sad...

E

3. cordodor

cordodor Retired

you're insane anyways. i'd say you get the iron butt award. No wonder you have so many miles on that bike.

4. Just looked over the bike and gave it a fresh oil change. That entire week of riding was roughly 2900 miles. Tires still looking good too.

I just rode down the Interstate for a bit, and the speed limit/rate of traffic felt so slow compared to California's fast-paced action. Whoa!

5. memories :) this was back in 04, curious to see if you took another trip like this? :)

6. vagrant

vagrant »-(¯`·.·´¯)-> PNW

Cool. I did ~2400 miles down into NorCal and back again with my brothers a couple months ago. It was a good trip. Part of me wishes we had spent more time taking it easy. the other part of me wishes I had pushed further. :roll: I had my left wrist and forearm in a cast and a recently separated shoulder at the time and it pissed down for 4.5 out of the 7 days. Goot times.

7. The amazing part is that you averaged about 73mph with stops.

8. Will send an invite to the next IBA event in the Northwest - OR - anywhere within 1000 miles :mrgreen:
    Wife and I did 1200 in 24 coming home from Louisiana - BUT on a much more comfortable bike (Think BMW - touring).
    Congratulations!!!

9. Shrek X

Shrek X Mr. 500,000

REP!

kinda surprised you hadnt got that already, your one of the harder riders around

10. Mic

Mic Retired

This thread is over 5 years old people…

11. james1300

james1300 Track School Dazed

Ha!hahahahahaaha!!!:mfclap: You BONEHEADS!:nana Look at the OP date!!:tard:

12. vagrant

vagrant »-(¯`·.·´¯)-> PNW

shitzen! I can't believe I got sucked in by an undead thread.

13. Did u not read what I wrote? Even those I did go that far back just for the hell of it. Hehe.

14. hahahaha reading comprehension is not a pre-requisite to join PNWr.

15. Clearly! Either that or he's just senile from old age :)