close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Land rush at Laguna - Wed afternoon

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Jul 7, 2005.

1. As of 4:30pm Wednesday, who's in line at Laguna? EVERYONE!. Nobody is allowed in (Reserved or non-reserved sites) to get to their campsites until tomorrow when they open the gates at 6am. There are at least 300+ cars in front streaching to the SCRAMP office at the front straight (~a mile.)

I'd called last Friday and confirmed that camping is/would be permitted but the sites were controlled by the Monterey County folks for non-race weekdays and weekends. Guess the, um, -anitcipated- crowd is changing their plans already...

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

why in the shit haven't you left, yet?

3. I did. But something happened. I am back home now. :cry:

4. A most excellent query!

J

5. On my way down there, the bearings in my rear axle gave away. A $40 prevention that never happened on the bearings there resulted in over $1500 in a broke-down motorcycle. Need new swingarm, chain, sprockets, hub assemblies, rear axle, and all the guts/bearings/seals of the inner wheel. Sold my paddock pass for $500 to someone else going up there. He got a steal on it...word is the paddocks are going to be worth $700-$800 on Friday evening.

6. Damn :pale: :crybaby: :cussing: Sorry to hear.

J

7. That totally sucks man :angry7: :angry7:

8. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

so, to make up for it, you're getting that 636 next week, right?

9. :scared

10. snake

snake Paralized with excitement

Did you decide if you are getting a 636 or 10 yet? 8)

11. 636 this year, get one of the new 10's next year...gonna try to get them all blue...3 blue kawi's sittin in the garage :mrgreen:

12. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

adios, muchachos. have good mosh-pitting (props to anyone who knows where that quote's from). i'm off to the airport. pictures galore when i get back.