close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Law Enforcement

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Fighterama, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Alright, lets make it obvious. If you are law enforcement, whether tasked to watch the site for work or an off duty cat who likes to ride, post up. If you are not registered, register and post up. If you are afraid to post up or choose not to be known as an LEO, PM me, Id like to talk to you, and your identity/job will not be disclosed.

E

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

cuuuz... why? you sound like you want to scold them or something... i'm popo. for the biznatches.

3. This is our chance to have an OPEN dialogue with the LEO's. To actually have some PROGRESS, to not have to live in fear. Get a better understanding of both sides issues, and how we can best live within our means. Talk about what things they look for, what they hate to see, what we can do to improve our image, etc etc etc

E

4. This seems to work pretty well on some of the other forums I've visited. It would be nice to have a forum for discussion with LOCAL Leos here.

5. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

live in fear? you don't need to live in fear if people would stop doing stupid shit.

what do they look for? people doing stupid shit.

what do they hate to see? people doing stupid shit.

improve our image? we can do that if people would stop doing stupid shit in public.

the leo's are doing their jobs. chances are if they pulled you over it was for a reason. yes there may be some discrimination at times, but we've put that on ourselves. people didn't just all of a sudden think that all bikers are punks.

sorry for the rant, i'm just tired of having to be super careful about doing ANYTHING when i'm on the bike... because people will point you out, especially if they've had a bad experience with a biker.

6. I do feel their is motorcycle profiling going on out there, but I dont suspect it will ever go away.

I would like to start up a new section called "Ask the LEO" just for that kind of cop talk, but we need more cops on board, or at least one that is willing to be on the forum and stay active into inquiries and answering questions.

Like Fighterama said...register, post up, and if you ride a motorcycle (for work or for personal use), let's see it in the members rides!

7. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Sounds good to me...

I dont do anything but speed and I only speed outside the city but if I am caught so be it. I know I was in the wrong and will take it like a man not some punk and bitch about it...

They have a job to do just like anyone else so let them do there job without acting like a jackass and flaming them (not saying anyone in this thread was). I actually got pulled over the other day for turning left over 2 double yellow lines. He was nice enough to let us go but if I had gotten the ticket oh well cause I broke the law...

8. I swear justin, i didnt know we couldnt turn there, everyone else does :thefinge: , and the face shield down, just another excuse...

9. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

face shield down...? eh? story time.

10. I like the way you think...If you riders dont do anything wrong you have nothing to worry about do you?? So stop crying about it,you sound like a bunch of babies...let the pricks in blue do ther jobs if you dont like it move out of the country...We all know our rights are slowly going away but we still live in the best country..If you dont like washington then move to cali and see if you like it down there...oh yeah have fun riding thats what its all about..

11. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Face shield was up with no eye protection (against the law). Could have written a ticket for that AND turning on 2 double yellow lines. He was cool and just said dont do it again...As for the honorable LEO's out there I say keep doing what your doing cause without you guys hell would break loose...

12. While there are definite problems here in Washington State (laws and also the cops out on the highways 98% for $$ revenue $$ ) I would never move back to the real police state of Cali..

13. Hey if someone wants to post up and answer questions as a cop thats cool. But I feel its a riders board and its about riding and not what people do for a living. What questions are you guys really concerned with? How you can ride fast and stunt without getting caught? Not gonna happen, wanna ride fast be prepared to pay the price if caught.

Also be warned- even though I have had many bad experiences with the police due to traffic stops-Bashing of a memeber because of them being law enforcement will most likely get you bounced of the board.

As far a image too many dumbasses stunting in traffic and trying to impress their buddies in front of strabucks-were screwed as sportriders-also too many people buying bikes that are beyond their riding abilities.

If you don't want to attract the attention of the police- don't break the law-be honest here-not many people buy a bike to ride 55-70 mph and it doesn't take a policeman to figure that out- I seriously doubt many on the board can say they got a ticket doing nothing.

Group rides sure way to attract attention-if 1 bike draws a look, 10 definately do-

14. Its been done on other forums, any kind of contact we can make with local LEOs to soften the burden of their scrutiny, the better. Not to mention it benefits the stunters because they can find out where a private area is, one which is not subject to law enforcement, so they can practice their craft and NOT make an issue for those in town.

E

15. snake

snake Paralized with excitement

Yeah, I saw profiling few days ago. Sheriff was staring at me as he drove by while I was sitting at a light. Then when I came back 15 minutes later he had a cruise bike pulled over.

16. I know of at least one on this board.. just not sure if they want to admit it. I'll check

17. Although it greatly depends on the cop you meet...EVERY SINGLE ONE I've met that "talked" to us while we were playing around on some back roads have been super cool. Again, they're people just like us with hobbies just like us. If you put other people in danger you deserve to get whatever comes to you. I've met numerous cops who ride bikes and all of them have stories of topspeed runs and "riding hard" but again...it's when and where you do it. I understand that it would be cool to talk to one but what would that really solve. If they cut us any slack and get caught for knowingly giving us the green light, they'd be screwed. But that's just what I think. I could be wrong...doubtful, but it's possible. :mrgreen:

18. snake

snake Paralized with excitement

Yeah, they are cool the first time, but after a few more they will cause you misery.

19. Nicely put! :clap

J

20. My $.02

The thread sounds like a good idea in theory butttt, when you have members calling LE "pricks in blue" even while trying to be supportive, many may not want to take part. Just remember if you are in crisis or call 911 the "pricks in blue" are who you are asking for help. Even the ones who may have issued you a ticket!