close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Let me ride that once please?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by ran429, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Ever notice a Harley owner will ask you to try our your ride here and there, But when you ask if he will let you try his Harley too, He backs out of the initial question?

2. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

That's funny! Hasn't happened to me yet, but I'll keep it in mind...

3. Harley riders fear my 'Max 8)

Although they have admired it and stood there agape, never been asked by one to ride it..

Now my pesky neighbor is another matter.. after 3 years he finally stopped asking.. :lol:

4. I've actually experienced the opposite. A lot of the guys I know with Harleys have offered me to try theirs, but want no part of my R6.

One time my uncle asked if I wanted to swap to give his softail a try. I was on my Katana at the time. I had never ridden anything else to that point. We both were petrified when we first switched. Myself, because his bike was worth 10 times what mine was. For him it was the seating position and the power/wt ratio. We rode for about 15 miles. When we stopped he was still shaking. He never asked to try it again :mrgreen:

5. I know what your saying. My dad just bought a 30,000 dollar American Ironhorse chopper and asked me if I wanted to take a spin on it. For one thing it's 600 lbs and long as hell. And it cost so damn much. It wasn't bad once I got going and I had to remeber not to lean into corners or risk scraping something. As for him riding my bikes, he absolutely loves the power and the handling (he asked to borrow mine for the motorcycle test), but he wouldn't be cought out in public riding a sportbike, cuz he loves the way people look at his chopper. I don't blame him though, he's 6'5 and looks kinda funny on the sportbikes anyways. But, to see a grown man giggle at the hit of the throttle on the sportbikes is just too funny.

6. When I got my Katana a few years ago, my dad hopped on it and took it down the street. Keep in mind this is a 93 600. He hit the gas on the thing and disappeared. He came back, took off the helmet and said "DAMN!". He said even that had more power than what would be safe for him. He likes the pull too much and would get in too much trouble with it. He used to ride the hell out of the Norton and of course, this is a bit different. Now he has a Harley Road King at well over 700 pounds and is very happy with the p/w ratio. Don't think he is too interested in trying the R6 :lol:

7. I don't know about that lot of old school die hard riders on harleys. Most just like to ride and are preferential to their bikes but like to ride anything and will gladly jump at the chance to ride any bike.

8. cordodor

cordodor Retired

yeah, it's funny. in one of my moto mags, there was a custom bike special and some guy put a TL1000 motor in a chopper. it developed way more HP than the typical HD engine most people use...