close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Local Rider Died Sunday

Discussion in 'Westside' started by endeRR, Jul 17, 2006.

1. RIP

Brier: Bothell man dies in motorcycle crash

A 36-year-old Bothell man was killed Sunday when he apparently lost control of his motorcycle and crashed near Brier, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office.

The man was found about 9:30 a.m. by a passerby in the intersection of Locust Way and Barker Road, north of Brier, deputy Dave Hayes said.

Police determined that the man had been riding his motorcycle northbound on Locust Way and was making a right turn onto Barker Road when he lost control. Excessive speed appeared to be a factor in the crash, Hayes said.

The man's name was not released Sunday.

2. jsiwek

jsiwek Guest

sorry to hear about this

3. Blue

Blue Guest

:cry: RIP. Everyone be safe out there.

4. RIP
    Thoughs and prayers go out to his family and friends.

5. R.I.P. Prayers go out to his family.

6. Guff

Guff Forum Admin Staff Member

RIP...

Why is it though with this accident, as well as the woman posted about in another thread, only have released that "exessive speed" seemed to be a factor in the accident? I'm not trying to be incensitive or anything, but I remember when I was younger and driving down the viaduct in Seattle, ended up hitting a barrier because my car slid due to slick pavement and got a "speed exceeding conditions" or something to that effect. With these recent accidents are they just saying "exessive speed" because it's the easiest thing to say, or because that's truly what's occuring? In other words (not trying to come off as a conspiracy theorists or anything) are the investigating officers being impartial to bikers and the accidents they're involved in, or are they profiling all riders into the same stereo type? For another example see the following thread: https://www.pnwriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14433

I know that Police, Highway Patrol, etc. have a tough job to do, but I also know that they are human, and it seems to me that people can become jaded to certain events/situations.

Again, RIP to the biker in this thread, as well as the others who have passed this year.

-Guff

7. well the other lady slid what 350 feet or some such, they can guesstimate how fast u are going from that. this wreck i dont know anything about but they can generally get a good idea of what happened. not one of the deer wrecks ive seen lately said excessive speed.

RIP

8. this shit is happening way to often i personally seen 2 bikes go down 2 fridays ago in a 3 mile round trip one a kawi and one cruiser :x

RIP for the downed rider

9. sad my thoughts are with his family

10. One of ours went down today on the ride up in camano. He is ok but boy is that bike FUCKED up! RIP to this downed rider...Does anyone know who it was?

Be careful guys

11. UrfavNME

UrfavNME AnthonyADMulisha<br />Admit or Deny!?!?

R.I.P......Know your limits.