close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Long ride, epic twisties

Discussion in 'Eastside' started by Fighterama, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Considering a 2 day jaunt from here to hood river the twisty way through goldendale, up hwy 30 around the east side of st helens, and back through the crackima area. Just lookin for interest, was thinkin 14/15 august (sun/mon) but am somewhat flexible. Just drove this road, its EPIC TWISTY GOODNESSSSSSSS.

Both sides of the mountains are welcome, just wanna see who/what/where/get ideas and set it up.

E

2. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

I'd be up for it, maybe on a different weekend though.

3. snake

snake Paralized with excitement

Sounds interesting, but it is hard for me to commit to such things. Also if I did it I would probably feel obligated to add a little more distance to the trip and go visit family in Portland.

4. no worries there, Im from salem, know how ya feel. Could stay in pdx that night.

E

5. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

What I want to do, is 1000 mile day. Head up into canada, around to edmonton or calgary, and loop around from there untill we get back in Spokane.

6. do you have a map, or better yet, how close to troutdale would we be?

7. snake

snake Paralized with excitement

Hoodriver is pretty close to troutdale...maybe 30 miles.

8. thanks, got a friend in troutdale that would wnat me to swing by if we went through. will talk to em though

9. i would be down, sound like serious fun

10. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

I wanna go.....I wanna go....anything for more miles....gotta beat 1000.....

11. Its going to be spiral/keller twistiness for about 30 mile stretches, very punishing, very twisty. FUN AS HELL. Westsiders should know the road. Im seeing 3 so far. That all yall got?

E

12. I may be down, I'll know as the time comes.

Eric - you ever hit the road from redmond or east to john day? : :headbang: That is a twisty - long sumanabitch :mrgreen: No traffic either the day we were coming back from laguna.

13. yeah, sneaky back way, seen part of it. Fun poo after going up 97 from klamath isnt it!

Anyone on the west side wanna do this thing?

E

14. I did 1100 miles on my GSXR one day. I think you could do more, but I was ready to get off...and I spent a lot of time trying to track down a friend in Wyo.

15. That goes without saying...I would totally be into it...but august is tight for me so I will have to wait to commit.

I would like to ride to VIR and then Braselton on the next weekend and the weekend following that. before heading home.