close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Long wet ride...

Discussion in 'Eastside' started by Perferd, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

I start my long wet ride saturday from here in Spokane to Lincon City, Or. The family rented a place for vacation on the coast so I decided to ride my bike cause the Or coast has some great roads. However due to my luck it seems rain is in the forecast grrrrrrrrr lol

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

good time to practice backing it in the corners. :evil4:

hope you ride safe. and weather forecasters have awesome jobs: bs'ing all day.

3. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

I sure hope they are wrong cause from what I see here all the way there is rain SAAAWEET lol...Oh well my goal was 10k miles on my new bike in 4 months and I am at 7600 so far...

4. Hey man, they dont call it the asbestos rainforest for nothing!

E

5. my mom and step dad just got back from a trip to lincoln city. its prolly my favorite vacationing spot. Mo's is the best, hands down.

6. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Oh hell yes we are stopping in at Mo's for some good grub...

7. Long wet ride.. at first with that headline, I thought maybe this thread was NWS ! :scared

8. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

No I dont be for attention...The ride I will be taking soon is exactly what is going to happen lol I wasnt thinking how people would read it...

9. I personally hate riding in the rain but...if you have the gear...it's actually not bad...a good learning experience. If you think you're gonna get wet...get some raingear prior...you'll spend less time thinking how miserable you are and more time thinking about your riding...

Have a great trip!

J

10. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

I have the alpinestar 360 drysuit so nothing gets to me. I actually like riding in the rain cause most people think your crazy lol

11. Thats funny, what date(s) will you be over there? I am heading to cannon beaach Or. on the 22nd. i have no idea what the weather will be like

12. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Its the Oregon coast so it will be shitty...believe me I lived in Or just about all my life...As for the dates its just from the 9-13

13. My brother and I once spent a few days at Lincoln City. There was a steady, hard wind the entire time we were there and my pickup was covered with a thin layer of salt spray. If you ride your bike, keep it covered if you are staying anywhere near the beach.

14. And as soon as you get home, completely wash and detail your bike especially including the underside, aluminum will corrode and steel, rust.

15. Damn the title had my hopes up. :evil: