close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for a lab rat of sorts

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Blackstar, May 27, 2005.

1. Hello to all in the Seattle area...I have a friend who has been doing airbrushing and tatoos for many years and is looking to get heavily into custom automotive work. After some discussion he decided to start with motorcycles as they are easier to work on in the shop he has now. He is currently located very close to safeco field and would cut a hell of a deal to the first person to volunteer as he just wants to get some rolling artwork out there. He has a website @ www.aimmairbrushing.com if you would like to see some of his work. Please note that the pics were taken with a p.o.s. digital camera by him and suffer in quality as a result. I would have taken him up on this deal but my wife would slit my throat. However I am having him do some work on my car and possibly my helmet. Just trying to gauge interest so please let me know.

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

your friend does nice work. a lab rat, eh? is he charging for this little project?

3. I have a great design for him for my helmet. can he do celtic work?

4. WOW nm I see he does great work! How long does it take to decorate a mc tank? & how much would it cost? The $75/hr flat rate fee? Lucky you being his friend!

5. yes there would be charging involved but at a significant discount as he desperately wants to get his work out in public...

i believe that he can do celtic work i haven't found anything that he has not been able to do yet...I am seriously considering getting the Hitman logo on the back of my helmet...

6. I can find out on the prices...usually the way he does it is this...you give him the design (or give him the idea and he'll sketch the design for you) and then he'll quote a price...

7. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

ask him if he'll do a trade off... if he does some cool design on my race bodywork for the seattle 100 (which is nationally televised on TWT), he'll get free advertising...

8. Hey! I need a paint job. I'll volunteer but I don't want anything too flashy.

9. you get to pick whatever you want...he's not really in the business of all one color I think he's going more for custom graphics over an already descent paintjob. Not looking to get into bodywork....

10. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

well, yeah. he could a cool image on the tank or front fender or something... but it's your call.

11. So if I had some streetfighter work in mind, he would be willing to do it at a reduced rate even if im on the east side?

E