close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for some info on a prototype bike

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Skier, May 23, 2005.

1. I saw this bike a while ago. I think it was a MotoGP prototype bike. Crazy engineering on it, the engine was some kind of opposed inline V formation and the suspension had some crazy trick work done to it. Can't remember it for the life of me, though.

2. It was on the cover of Cycle World somewhere around the beginning of the year. Likely where you saw it.

3. cordodor

cordodor Retired

yeah, i have that issue at home. Pretty tight bike. Since it was also being developed for the street I didn't think it was the bike you had in mind...

4. I do believe that was it. I could have sworn the motor was different, though. I remembered it being in an opposed V and having two two-banger cranks welded together at the middle. Still cool stuff.

5. No thas the bike your thinking of, the czysz has an inline 4 engine mounted longitudinally, but has 2 cranks, 2 counterbalancer shafts, 4 cams, and a crazy mating process in the middle. Its some sorta crazy engineering marvel, but lo and behold! It comes from my home (dope smoking) state of OREGON! Supposedly coming out for next year's GP, but the street version isnt going to be altogether different, somewhat like the desmosedici that duc is putting out in '07

E