close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

looking up roads

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Perferd, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Tell me where a good place to look up roads around Spokane would be. Probably up to but not limited to 250 miles away would be good. If you have any favorites let me know so I can google them or what not.

Thanks

2. Im a big fan of the atlas & gazeteer you get in truck stops or at costco. They are huge maps, show every single road and the surface type, then just look for the ones that dont seem to want to go in a straight line. When your around ill show you a couple local ones that are close, easy, and fun

E

3. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

maps.google.com

very cool map feature. almost like ms streets and trips.

just look for twisty lines on the map.

4. Ok my good friend here is the ultimate book for you. Destinationhighways.com This book is the most detailed book about all sorts of roads in WA. I have a friend that has this book and I was impressed. Check it out and see what you think. It would be well worth your $$$$$ IMO.

5. One thing that I find cool as hell is one of the resource we have at the WSDOT. We have access to an online "intranet" road viewing source called SRVIEW. We can select the State Route and Mile post and view the entire length of the road going in both directions of the road (North, South, East and West). It's a great program and you can see everything. Some of the latest updates allows you a 360 degree view. What they've done is mounted cameras on a truck and a drove entire State Route. It really is a neat program, and I like it since I get to "check out" some pretty neat things "while in course of my duties" of course.

6. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

Go to the local rangers station, and get a free map of the region!
    Excellent map, shows all parks on it as well, so if you want to camp you can make arrangments on it.