close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lucky's California Saga

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Lucky, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

For the few of you who have heard me mention the heinous California bike trip I took a few years back, here is the full account. Most of the names have been changed to try to keep things kosher. I don't think these guys are on this forum, but if they are, bah, call it flame bait.

This story is LONG, hence the table of contents. Some of it gets old and repetitive, but it's necessary to account for the sheer retardation of the group I rode with. What's really bad is that I've probably forgotten a lot of the other dumb stuff they did...it's been a while.

After reading this, a few of you may have a higher opinion of me, and a few may have a lower opinion. Just for the record, it's not the 100mph that bothered me. But 100mph for 2800 miles gets kind of old.

http://www.geocities.com/thereallucky/biketrip.htm

Have fun!

2. Hey sooooo I was looking through this epic sized journey and I thought briefly to myself if there was a shorter version?

3. Entertaining read Lucky, suddenly my own recent adventure pales by comparison.

4. This story would be really funny if I couldn't personally relate to it.

Let me make a guess here: The high-five brothers are or were some pretty serious dope smokers right? Like in high school and through their early 20s, if not still to this day? I know that type. Emotionally stunted. At least I hope that is the case, otherwise they don't even have that excuse....

I remember a piece of advise my (now deceased) father once gave me: "Son, you have to choose your friends very, very carefully...You can't choose what family you are born to, and you don't even really choose the family you make, cause you are thinking with the wrong damn head. The choices you make in your life really do matter, and who you choose to trust with your friendship is probably the most important choice you'll ever make." Of course he told me this bit of advise when I was hanging out with dope smoking losers, and this advice was totally lost on me until two years later, when I joined the Army.

I've ran into these type of guys since then too....fishing, water skiing, snow skiing trips, hunting. I try to be non-judgemental and accepting, but during events like that I only give people one chance.

Personally, I would have pulled the plug here in the Dry-Shities on that trip. I never do group rides anymore, well, very rarely. You know what? I have actually had more fun on a group ride with most of the other riders on cruisers and wings... But mostly, I prefer to ride trips at my own pace, by myself, visiting family and friends on the way if possible. I rode to Baja on my KLR by myself, and to Alaska.

The other thing is this: Every group ride I've ever been on, at least we had scheduled meeting places and contigency plans if something happens. Usually the most compentent rider pulls trail, bringing up the rear.

Don't know whether to comiserate with you over such a sucky trip, or congradulate you on a well written story.

Walker

5. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

very well-written and entertaining. i just spent a good amount of time here at work reading the whole thing. i thank you for the read and i apologize for such an unfortunate experience as good as it may have gotten.

6. +1
    My lunch break is now complete!

7. Kolat

Kolat emw2k9 beer pong champions

great story, for some reason "jake" reminds me of mcjunky

T

8. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

That was a great read! You have a knack for writing...

9. As soon as I learn to read and get a job, i am sure that I will enjoy reading this on my lunch break... :tard:

10. Kolat

Kolat emw2k9 beer pong champions

sounds like your a WSU alumni :)

T

11. cordodor

cordodor Retired

and where are you a graduate from?

Great read Lucky. I'm about half way done and am excited to continue the saga tomorrow at work :D

12. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Hey thanks for reading everybody! I didn't know if it would hold anybody's attention for that long. I really appreciate the compliments!

Writing that was a big load off of my chest. Sounds like all of us know a few special people who have made for some unforgettable rides in our lives... Whooooo!

13. Yea, by the way, it's you are, or you're, not your... who is the WSU alumni (alumnis) now? :nana

Maybe Kolat and I can ride to the next english classes together.... beats taking the short bus!

vtr2: vtr2:

14. cordodor

cordodor Retired

it's alumnus there, kids...

Eric, how long ago did you write that fine piece of literature. I kept hoping that tire would blow on "Tony" and that "Josh" would get what was coming to him, and it sounds like he did. Quite a story. So you didn't go down to Laguna this year? ;)

15. Djoplin

Djoplin Investigates Alternative Destinations

Quite the story there Lucky. Managed the whole thing yesterday afternoon. What a drag though. I don't think I'd have made it past tri-cities area with those two.

16. Hahahaha, that is fantastic. Great writing man, if you ever manage to get yourself into something like that again ( I hope you don't for your sake ), let me know when you write about it :p

17. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Thanks again! Cordodor, I finished writing it almost a month ago, but wasn't sure if I should post it here. Didn't want to start a fight with fellow riders and whatnot, but after getting to know more people on this forum and seeing their respect for smart riding, I figured I would take the chance and unleash my rant. I am glad you guys enjoyed it!

18. beautiful, we can all relate, thanks!

E