close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

May 18th, 19th ride (Wed and Th)

Discussion in 'Pullman / Moscow' started by Skier, May 10, 2005.

1. UPDATE We are going to ride on both Wednesday and Thursday. 4:45 PM at the Pullman Tesoro, both days.

Let's get this stuff started! I'm hoping I'll have my new chain and sprocket set in and installed by the 18th. The weather should be better by then, as well.

Can everyone make a 4:45 PM meet at Tesoro? On the road by 5:00 PM at the latest, let's get some miles in. 8)

Since we only have a few hours before dusk hits, we can do something short and sweet like a river run. 8)

2. cordodor

cordodor Retired

sure, why not... wednesday can be good for me. I'll be there

3. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

I will try to keep da schedule clean...still early on in classes, don't know what to expect from the homework.

4. Is it ok if I move this ride back a day or two? The store I ordered my needed parts for the Rad forgot to order them on Friday... thankfully I called today to see how it was coming along or I would have been SOL!

5. cordodor

cordodor Retired

a week from today is too close?!?!?!?! do what you need to do, MR. PRESIDENT... :roll:

6. I just got off the horn with the guy and he's making it up to me. Should have some quality chain/sprockets in Real Soon Now since they're coming from CA and not the east coast. So the Wednesday date might (should) stand.

Sooo, who's gonna help me do the chain and sprocket replacement? Might have to hustle and do it Wednesday afternoon (after classes and before the ride!).

7. cordodor

cordodor Retired

what better way to test it out than to take it for a nice long ride, but i took my passenger pegs off so you'll have to ride back with Eric and Tracy if you break down out there somewhere...

You got tools to do this little job? Your center stand will come in handy. I'd be glad to help ya, but I'm busy during the day...

ever cut your fingernails with a pair of dikes? Diagonal Cutters, that is... works pretty well... :)

8. Just got off the phone with the motolab guy again. I'm getting an Afam sprocket and chain set along with an RK cutter and press-fit riviter tool. Wrote down a walkthrough Derek gave me as well, so I should be good to go.

He should get everything in by Friday, send it two day air to me so I'll have it by Tuesday. Failing that he's gonna send it Ground since it "should" make it here at a decent time.

If all else fails I'll have to ride pillion with Lia. :wink:

9. cordodor

cordodor Retired

ooh, a fancy cutter... I used a dremel tool :D

if not, well, you've been dying to ride that Ninja since you saw it anyways...

10. Pretty hard to press in a master link with a dremel. ;)

11. cordodor

cordodor Retired

heh, i suppose it would be. i do have a chain press tool though.. it's a separate tool. like $18

12. a river run sounds good, i went to the dunes today with a buddy of mine. the snake's twisties are always a blast. the dam is open until 5:30 everyday, all you need is an ID to get across. and the best part is no cops...at least none that i've noticed.

13. Soar, are you the owner of the Virago I always see parked under Owen (notice that's spelled correctly, Lia ;) )?

14. I am so proud of you! :thumbrig: Good on ya'!

I've been contemplating going on the run with you guys on Wed but I don't have any protective pants. I officially have decided to sell the ones I bought originally. That's what you get for being tall, you get a breeze on your ankles that let's you know your gym socks are showing. I need some longer pants. :cry: At least if I don't go you won't have to watch me ride the bike you are lusting for!

I have been dying to get the Ninja out and get it over 35 mph! So we'll see.

L

15. Giving this some thought, I think I'd like to move the ride to Thursday. It will give me some breathing room for working on my chain - I don't want to rush the job trying to make the ride. Anyone object? (if so, too bad)

16. cordodor

cordodor Retired

If so, go Wednesday and AGAIN on Thursday :)

17. cordodor

cordodor Retired

The dam is open?!?!?! are people starting to go to the dunes again!?!? So exciting

18. Okay - well since I am being a total slacker and don't start full time work until... until I accept an offer ;) I will be up for a ride. Just let me know when. I did the river run today, and watched a buddy of mine land his wheelie with a cocked steering column and spin it then drop it on top of himself - owwwwwie!!! But I'm down for it, just a word for the wise - I won't be doing any of my wheelies for quite some time. But keep me in touch and I'm up for a sexy ride. And I wanna leet Lia!!!!

xoxox
    Trixie

19. I want to meet Lia too, I heard she's hot. :lol: Sorry about your friend and his botched wheelie.

I'll go on a ride Wed and Thur. The more rides the merrier I will be.

L

20. cordodor

cordodor Retired

high of 70 today, 73 tomorrow... Let's plan one for today/tomorrow! Anyone interested?