close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mechanic for a 600 katana

Discussion in 'Mechanical & Technical' started by Busadown, Mar 4, 2005.

1. My buddy just got a 600 katana from his brother inlaw shipped to tacoma. The bike was in storage for 3 to 4 years. He want to ride this spring and summer and it won't start of course. The inclination is obvious carbs clogged and yadayada. If theres a real tech not a flake wanna be; that can handle the job at the right price. Your hired!!!!!

Call my bud to schedule (253) 405-1287 ; Again the bike is not running so you'll have to work @ his house.

2. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

he's probably already tried putting some gas or spraying some starting fluid in the carbs--thats what i usually try first. good luck.

3. Yeah been there done that but no luck it kinda backfired but it did not start.
    That's why we need a tech to clean out the carb's and tune it up to get it back on the road as soon as possible.

4. So I just sold my tuna, it was a 91 six hundie, they are really simple to work on. You need new plugs, the carbs need a good soaking, and depending on whether or not you have normal filters they need some attention. Also, howd the oil look? Anything..... unpleasant? Does it start with the choke on and no throttle? Firing one cylinder only? Ive had the same probs, its a simple fix and a simple bike. If you need a hand lemme know....

That guy

5. Thankz for the input my friend found a shop near by that's gonna pick the bike up and fix it for$500.00. He's afraid I might break his new toy if I mess with it; he just got his endorsement and got the fever. We should be riding this sprin.g