close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MotoGp 2005 @ Laguna Seca

Discussion in 'Eastside' started by badbrad, Oct 18, 2004.

1. MotoGp will be making its return to the U.S. for the first time in ten years and will be at Laguna Seca. I went to the AMA and WSB last year and got the pit row suite which gave me access to EVERYTHING. I got to meet all the AMA guys and some WSB guys too. If you have the $500 to drop this is the way to go. The AMA adn WSB blew my mind and with the MotoGp coming it it can only get better. It will be held July 9,10, and 11. Tickets go on sale OCT.25 if you didnt go last year. Hotels are hard to get so book one quick. If anyone is planning on going drop me a line, we do lots of riding doing there as well.

2. Every hotel within 60 miles is already booked. I will be camping out on Fox Hill.

3. Guff

Guff Forum Admin Staff Member

Sign me up for some camping action! But you already know this maaaaan.

-Guff

4. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

i'm staying at some friends' house in san jose. see y'all there.

5. I got lucky staying in a hotel 22 miles from the track.

6. Dang...you should sell the room off and double/triple your money hehe

7. We're staying in Salinas like usual, at our usual hotel. Bad thing is that even though we have been going down there for the past 10 years for the WSBK and AMA stuff, and staying at one of two hotels, we still got charged out the ass this year. Oh well, just glad to have MotoGP in the states. Hope to meet some of you down there. We are leaving Monday, 4th of July, get down there that night, and then we ride all day Tues, Wed, Thurs. Friday, Sat, Sun at the track. Monday, we head back North, and Tues we rest, and Wed, it's back to work, unless I win the lottery by then.

8. Are u guys riding down or flying ????I don't want my bike to get stolen

9. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

THAT'S a big reason why i'm probably not riding down... cuz all the riders are gonna be there, so all the asshats who want to jack the riders are going to be there as well.

10. We are driving and taking the bikes in a enclosed trailer. We keep the bikes in the trailer at night however I can tell you that evey hotel we have stayed at over the years, have had bikes in there rooms......lol

We see it every year. Get a ground floor room. :lol:

11. I have lots of trusted friends surrounding the Laguna area. Myself and those who are planning on riding with me will probably park the bikes in their closed secure garages at the house we are crashing at. Then just drive into the main event. I CANT WAIT!!!

12. I was too late even for that. I'll be staying over at Toro Park with a friend of mine.

13. I'll be at Fox hill Also

14. My dad and I are going down there as well, leaving Wed the 6th and returning by the following Wed.

There are some BEAUTIFUL roads to ride on on the way there, why trailer it? What's the use of taking a bike there if you don't get to ride on some great twisties & roads? :tard:

Oh, and btw, yes I'm new. HI! :)

15. Yeah ride is the only way to go.

Welcome to the forum Fiacha!

16. I'll be riding down and camping on the hill as well 8) Taking off thursday night with a guy on a v rod.
    Bike will be in the tent, lock on the tent zippers.

17. cordodor

cordodor Retired

so, i'm actually contemplating riding down with you guys to Laguna Seca. It looks like GA tickets are still available... My closest family lives in San Fran, which is 2 hrs away. How are you guys getting tents down there? I probably wouldn't mind sleeping outside cuddled up with my bike, but my Concealed Permit isn't good in California... What're you guys doin?

18. Some are staying in local hotels. Others camping on Fox Hill. Us procrastinators (kcander and myself) will be camping at Tora Park, which still has openings. We'll be strapping a tent or two to the bikes. I've done a weekend trip on the R6. Wasn't bad.

19. That is the nice part about having a bike that is set up for light tourning, I have plenty of room to tie on my camping gear. not to mention my laguna trip is going to be almost two weeks.

20. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

Damn, I got a pic of my CBR with the new tank bag and saddlebags strapped to it, I forgot to upload it to photobucket so I could post it! It looks pretty funny, the saddlebags are pretty big! Let's see...ice and beer in the left one, ice and steaks in the right, tortilla chips and salsa in the tank bag...oh, it's expandable, there might be room for rum and cokes!