close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Motorcycle racers you love to hate?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by KCander, May 24, 2005.

1. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

Anyone's fair game, GP, AMA, WSB, whatever.

I can't stand Mat Mladin. I don't know why. I really rarely even watch AMA, but for some reason Mladin irritates me. I think it's his Aussie accent combined with his hot-shot attitude. Don't get me wrong, he's great rider - maybe he ought to think about getting a GP ride and see how good he REALLY is - but something about the dude just irritates the hell out of me.

2. I strongly dislike Yates, after that drop-kick incident from last season. I'm indifferent on Miladin.

Is there anyone who would dare say that they hate the Doctor??

3. KCander

Is Max Biaggi a member of Washingtonriders.com?

4. cordodor

cordodor Retired

haha. yeah, he and Gibernau might have some grudge against Rossi... I love to hate Biaggi though. What a whiner.

5. That would be me! I used to love him when he rode Red. Now that he's on he Yammy I can't stand him!

6. KCander

C'mon man, how can you hate Rossi?! The guy is just too damn cool regardless of which bike he's riding.

7. Kurtis Roberts,
    he needs to check the attitude, at least until he has the numbers to back it up

8. Kurtis still races? I guess he is getting paid to ride a bike, but come on...

Biaggi would have to be #1 on my list.

9. +1

You must really hate Yamaha. You have to respect what he did with the Yamaha team. And it's not like Rossi just up and screwed Honda. He helped them develop the best bike. He just wanted a new challenge.
    Let's see if Kawi tries to get him next. Now that would be damn impressive if he could get them turned around.

10. cordodor

cordodor Retired

i'd rather see Rossi go to Ducat i than to Kawi

11. Trust me. I'd much rather see that too. The Ducati is decent bike already though. I was just trying to point out how bad the Kawi is; for all the K-Lovers around here.

12. It's not that I don't like him, per se. It's that I'm a Honda loyalist and would rather see Honda on that #1 spot on the podium than the Yammy with Rossi on it.

He is an incredible racer. You can't take that away from him. And for him to do what he's done on a bike that he beat the crap of out all last year, it's pretty amazing.

13. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

RossitoDucati.com

it would be something if Rossi could put the Ducs on top, and imagine how happy all the Italians would be.

and it wasn't Rossi who screwed Honda, quite the contrary. it was Honda who was always saying that it was they're machine that was winning the GP, and not giving Rossi due credit--and thats exactly what Rossi set out to prove. unlike other motorsports, the machine is not as vital in motorcycle racing. as we've seen, a first rate rider can take a second rate machine and still win consistently, i'm not sure that can be said about other motorsports.

Maladin strikes me as overly business-like. he's the dominant winning machine: dismpassionate, cool, calculated and extremely confident. obvoiusly, he's got all the cards and he's the guy everyone loves to hate.

Rossi, on the other hand, is like a little kid. all he wants to do is win and have fun doing it--then he laughs at all the drama all the other riders stir up to try to rationalize why they lost.