close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Motorcyclist shot in altercation

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Fighterama, Jun 15, 2005.

1. K5 hasnt posted the info yet but just came across NWCN today. Motorcyclists in altercation with elderly man, bad ending. Apparently some issue with the driver and one of the riders led them to pulling over on I-5 to talk about it. When they stopped, bike riders (sportbikers, I checked) surrounded vehicle. One rider reached into the car where he was then shot in the hand by the cager. 3 arrests.

THINK ABOUT IT!

E

2. I just thought about it, MAKE SURE YOU SHOOT FIRST!!!!!!!!!!

3. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

jesus. let's start a war with cagers...

the middle finger's good enough, folks.

4. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

Heard about this, here's a report:

TACOMA, Wash. -- Charges are expected to be filed in a suspected road rage case involving a 61-year-old Federal Way man and 15 motorcyclists.

Washington State troopers said the incident started a few blocks off Interstate 5 in Tacoma when the 61-year-old driver and the group of bikers began some sort of argument. Both parties got on the freeway, but pulled over shortly afterward. The car was soon surrounded by the 15 motorcyclists.

Both sides claimed the other was driving aggressively.

Troopers said the man stood on the driver's side of his car, while a biker stood on the passenger side. The biker reportedly pulled the keys from the car's ignition and threw them into the grass nearby. The driver then reportedly pulled out a gun and fired a round, hitting another man in the finger.

Troopers confiscated the gun and found the bullet. They're now trying to determine why the man and the bikers pulled over in the first place.

5. The shooter should go to jail, He had no reason to to shoot anyone, his life was not in any danger

6. Sounds like more than one should be going to jail. Going to be hard to put a case together on that one though.

7. Who else should be going to jail???? and why

8. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

the guy could have shot the gun in self-defense.

too many bodies around, and it all sounds like a mess. 15 guys you think one of them could've just said "let's just leave the dumbass alone." so i think there's more to it. the old man must've been doing something to piss them off that much.

9. I have to believe there is more to the story than just "a group of riders surrounded the car".
    Maybe it was just a crazy old man that started firing at them while they were on the highway.

10. You put your hand inside my car, I don't know what you're going to do. I would shoot him too.

11. If your life is not in danger you have no reason to discharge a round....so what if he put his hand inside the car, the driver was not in it, so tell me was he in danger????????

12. Well, I always pack heat for self defense and I can tell you I would not join in on surrounding anyone unless they had already attacked me/us and they were a continuing threat.. or had committed a violent felony against an innocent person and I was trying to make a citizen's arrest.. gotta have some compelling reason(s) for that !

In Washington state you have a right to stand your ground if assaulted.. if these guys were threatening one man, old or not, he could have been in fear for his life.. even 2 or 3 untrained males can do a lot of damage with hands and feet in a few seconds.. but we gotta wonder why he pulled over.. Ii would not, unless my vehicle was disabled.

But of course it could be a crazy old guy too.. let's wait to hear what the prosecutor goes for.. and do leave people alone out there unless they are actually attacking you.. 1 in 19 adults in WA State has a concealed carry permit...

I have experienced several road rage incidents in the past, especially in California, including one incident years ago where two latino serial highway killers played road-tag like psychos, with me and Blondie in our Plymouth.. they had a smaller Toyota sedan. I tried braking and speeding up but they stuck with us for 10 miles.. suspect they planned to get me to pull over, blast me with the 12 GA sawed-off they had, then kidnap Blondie.. we both would have ended up dead. They finally decided we were not a soft target and split like scalded jackrabbits when I lifted up my Dirty Harry type Smith and Wesson magnum and let then see it.. they were arrested two weeks later when a CHP happened to pull them over for a traffic infraction.. it made headlines but I could not report my incident since we did not have (nor could get in Cali) concealed carry permits

13. KCander

Likely scenario: big group of riders either riding semi-fast and/or doing a little bit of crazy shit on the freeway, weaving in/out of traffic, etc, pisses old man off, he flips off and/or swerves at or blocks riders, they all get equally pissed, follow the dude off an exit, macho bullshit ensues, guy loses finger.

stupid.

14. +1 If that's what happened, definitely!

15. KCander

I dunno, just guessing...I think bikers and drivers have a certain mutual distaste for each other that causes irritating situations to escalate into more serious altercations pretty easily. I know everytime some idiot cager hops into the carpool lane right in front of me as I'm cruising down 405 in the morning, I'd like to choke the bastard...but cooler heads always prevail. I like my fingers, prefer to keep all of them.

16. The guy who lost his finger was he the one who got the keys???I hope it was not his middle finger,wouldnt want to loose the finger that tells other people what to do

17. HMMMMMMM......
    15 younger guys on bikes surround 1 old dude in a car.
    One of the younger guys grabs the keys from the ignition and tosses em.
    Younger guy should be glad to be alive IMO.

18. The guy who got shot was not the guy who took the keys....so why did he get shot???

19. The drive never got out of the car, he fired while being hit by another biker.
    He shot part of his car (was shown on news) where the bikers hand was with 1 bullet and the smart bikers left the scene (although should never pulled over). The 61 year old was assulted by a couple sportbike riders and he defended himself 9report says somebody took his keys and somebody was hitting him then he shot). He did not continue to fire at anybody else so he didnt assult anybody who wasnt assulting him first. The bikers are the ones who got off their bikes... Takes 2 to tango, the biker got off very lucky with just his finger.

20. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

We both know that had you been in the car with your weapon 1000 that you would have shot too.....that's who you are.....look at what happened on the freeway in your Honda......just a point I thought that I would make....you would have done the same thing the old Man did......