close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MP3 Players...

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by SpokaneXX, Jun 28, 2005.

1. What's your weapon of choice and why? I'm ready to buy but the choices are limitless.

I would prefer AA powered over built in battery. I'd like close to a gig memory...preferably flash w/ability to use SD/MMC cards to expand.

Would like to be able to set up playlists...but not a must have. I'd, of course, like to spend as little as possible as well. I've already decided on the Etymotic ER-6 ear buds now I just need a player.

Your suggestions?

TIA,

J

2. ipod 60gb photo is what i have.

3. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

I don't know how true this is since I don't know that much about technology in general (wooooo is me....) but I heard that the Ipods are only good for a couple years because of their built in battery and that once it's gone (the battery) then you have to buy a whole new player.....

Hey D, did you ever get an e-mail back about the Yepp players????

4. MP3/CD player Hardly A. gave me. Only works tilted on its side, but that's exactly how it sits in my Roadcrafter, so everyone wins!

5. iPod 40G - w/ headphones mounted under my helmet padding.

6. I run a sandisk 512. AAA batterys holds about 8 hours of music, just enough for a long day on the road.

7. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

I don't really think you can lose with anything nowadays. I'd personally steer away from anything hard drive based, since they're more prone to breaking when you drop them. However, I've heard a lot of them are pretty durable nowadays too...

8. Although it meets none of my specified criteria...the Zen is a serious contender... more on oyur experience with it?
    Can you set playlists? Use the controls with gloves on?

J

9. I rock the 256mg IRiver. I get about 45 songs on it. It is good on batteries.

10. cordodor

cordodor Retired

i sing to myself... :shock:

11. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

"The wheels on the bike go round and round!"

12. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

13. Desmodromic 748, but thinking of getting an MP-3 as well, cheapest possible tho.

E

14. But wouldn’t recommend it...$100 after a $50 rebate from best buy, runs on 1 aaa bat (like 20 hours loud, not bad) and I bought the sony mini bud things off the shelf at best buy...30 bucks i think and they work great...no helmet pressure on the ear drums and they seal the ear drum resulting in good base and that’s a good thing if you like speeding to techno

But sqrew rio…all n all its hard to skip/replay songs when riding...I always end up stopping it or ff when I want to replay because the controls are so damn small! :rant so i just make sure i have a hella play list loaded and not mess with it

15. I put a big 8 track player on the side of my bike. i love that crisp old time tues that lasts for about 8 minutes.

whats wrong with listening to the same song 129 times. :mrgreen:

16. As long as its boy george "Im a man"...nothing at all

17. or Vanilla Ice "Ice Ice Baby" crackup:

18. Nooooo! Someone played that a couple times on my camping trip over the weekend. Now it is going to be stuck in my head again. Since I don't have a player, that is what I will be hearing in my head on my 1.5 hour commute home. Thank you very much!

19. I use the Creative Muvo skiing and other reckless sports and it does well. Even doesn't mind moisture much.

It uses AAAs and gets about 6 hours on one at full volume. I just carry a couple of them with me and charge 'em when you can. Go to Wallmart and buy the highest amperage NiMH set you can and a charger and you will be set.