close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My R7 and stunt bike...

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by R7-RYDER, Mar 23, 2005.

1. My OW-O2 (R7 for the uneducated).....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stock picture....
    [​IMG]

A little 180 on my playbike...
    [​IMG]

[/img]

2. Welcome to the board!

Nice lookin pics...the rear sprocket in that bottom pic is sick!

3. Nice shorts squid.....

that guy

4. Sweet Bike -Nice shorts but wheres the wife beater and the flip flops :lol:

5. cordodor

cordodor Retired

HOW DID YOU GET AN R7?????///

6. If you're willing to part with that much money...it's not that hard. Although to buy from a dealer (very difficult to find one in stock) I was told you had to have a race license and be a "top 10 contender"...I don't race on the circuit so I had to go through some connections. I got mine "barely" used, but it had the $4k race kit already done and ready to rock and hadn't seen a track when I got it. Not many 750's that'll keep up with a liter bike but this is one of them. And aside from a duc, handling is untouchable.

7. cordodor

cordodor Retired

yeah, i know, they're awesome bikes. Great technology for a 1999. Yamaha claimed what, 150 after the race kit? What did you pay for it? I think they were $32k, new...

any more pictures?

8. Well Im sure with capable hands it can keep up with most any bike.... question being Mr R7.... can you hang with a 600 carrying a real rider?

That guy

9. You should go ahead and spec it out whats on it for those of us unfamiliar with what's on it. I see ohlins forks :tweety:

10. Well, the R7 was pretty much derived from yamaha's 500cc 2stroke GP bike, and designed to pretty much be track only. Only 500 were made in 1999 and 50 came to the U.S. Stickerprice in stock form is about $32k plus dealer markup (super gay). Ohlins suspension (front/rear) is stock. In order to ensure that the bike complies with a host of emission laws, Yamaha had shut down one of the two injectors per cylinder. This is how the bike was capped at 105 horsepower. Turn on the other injector, add free-flowing new titanium/carbon exhaust, make a minor modification to the ECU wiring, fit a high pressure fuel pump and the bike is putting out between 140-150 hp. With the race kit installed, you get a 15 liter airbox, tires (slicks), ECU tweaking to "turn on" all injectors, rev limiter now at 14,000rpm, there are numerous other differences between the YZF series but these are the major ones. Oh yeah, you also get sharkskinz body work for the track. To say the least, it's a pretty sick bike :twisted:

11. faaacccckkkkk!!!

Can I please ride it?

This is the only R7 I've ever riden.

[​IMG]

12. Wow definitely have to hook up for some rides this summer-Would like to hear and see it in person-

13. Props on the R7.

I hope you ride it the way it's designed.

14. yup, mostly in the rain, and on sidewalks, everynow and then I wash it. :jerkit: But yeah, it's pretty much only a special occasion bike and track for track days. I'll play around on the stunter, I could give a sh*t-less if I drop it.

15. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

The R7 is too cool. I thought the R7 was a race-only bike, but it sounds like you're implying that you've taken it on the street before? They have one over at I-90 Motorsports in Issaquah, I check it out every time I go in there. Funny thing is, I bet since the R7 looks so similar to the R6s and R1s, nobody'd really give it much of a if you rode it down the street. I didn't realize that it actually has turnsignals, too, I assumed it didn't come with any of that stuff. I guess for $30,000 they figure they can throw in some lights...

16. Nope, mine is street legal...at least, it's licensed and has mirrors!

17. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

That's just about the coolest thing I've ever heard. When you cruise up to a gas station, does a pit crew come out and service it?!

18. erickb

erickb Mr. PNW Riders 2007

where is this guy at, I want to see said R7