close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need to borrow/rent a trailer to haul two bikes from Seattle to Olympia by end of month

Discussion in 'Westside' started by strommer, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Hi. I am losing my garage storage here in Seattle at the end of March and need to relocate two bikes to Olympia to a friend's garage. I looked at U-haul site, but it appears that their trailers only can take one bike (correct me if I'm wrong- think 900 pounds is maximum load). So, wondering if one of you folks would help me out. Would be happy to pay you (or work a trade) if I could borrow your trailer to haul the two bikes there and back. I'll be renting on of U-haul's or Budget's truck to pull the trailer. Should take about 3 hours to do the whole job. Feel free to reply here or message me. Thanks a million!!!

2. You want an older 5x9 Ramp trailer (https://www.uhaul.com/Trailers/5x9-Utility-Trailer-with-Ramp-Rental/RT/) as it doesn't have the single wheel chock. It will hold a couple bikes and is easy to tow. I'd advise getting it done mid-month as the last weekend of the month it's tough to get anything without previous reservations. I'd also call 1-800-GOUHAUL to make the reservation and if you are close, do the one at 12000 NE 85th in Kirkland (right by Costco). You could also rent a 15 foot truck as it has a ramp, just don't say you are using it to haul motorcycles with.

Yes, I'm plugging the store I moonlight at......

strommer likes this.

3. 58

58 Staff Member

I don't trust anyone with my trailer, but if I was pulling it I would be happy to help as I've taken two bikes no problem in my enclosed 5x8. I am free, to my knowledge tomorrow after noon and most of Sunday..unless the g/f has made plans for me. I'm otherwise swamped the rest of the month.

I realize I am just south of Auburn so a bit of a drive up to get and then south and then back up but an option.

strommer likes this.
  4. You did not mention the weight of the bikes? Or what they are?

5. Thanks a bunch. Lots of very helpful advice.

6. Really appreciate the offer. Got some help already. Would have been too far to go up to Auburn. Thank you!