close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nerd Alert....Computer games hehe

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Xiphos, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Anyone here play any computer games? Mainly online ones such as Counterstrike. Yes, i know, im a nerd ok!

2. Last time I played Counterstrike was beta 4. Old school, bitch! ;)

3. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

I used to play more than was healthy. Was unbeatable in Doom...should have actually competed.

Now I'm married and broke. I have a Sam's Choice video card that gets like 3 fps on Solitaire...so instead I play Mario Party on my gamecube. :x

4. I play classic mech and space combat games like Earthsiege, Starsiege, Mechwarrior, and my favorites: Tie Fighter 95 and the sequels.. not much time these days but a few times a week I sit down and play for an hour or two.. I find it keeps my mind sharp for riding !

5. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Yeah baby, classics are what I'm all about, since I played a lot back then...

I always wish I would have tried that series Max & Blondie, it looked neat. I did however play Starsiege Tribes a lot. That was fun.

As for some of the more modern classics (90's games)

Anybody remember the 7th Guest or 11th hour?

Or all the point and click Lucasarts adventure games like Sam N Max, Maniac Mansion, The Dig, Day of the Tentacle, and of course, Full Throttle? (I know there were plenty other good adventure games, but Lucasarts were all I played).

I also loved System Shock 2, and have been meaning to go back and play System Shock 1.

I really like sites like Home of the Underdogs, which have old games that are abandonware (for those who don't already know). Those are great for nostalgia lovers and junky computer owners.

6. Scorched Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Oh yeah, I forgot I played the hell out of the original Dune (first RTS I ever played) and Syndicate (trenchcoat mafia with flamethrowers) and I use to love the Sierra classics like The Colonel's Bequest (more secrets than Kings Quest and LLL).

8. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Yeah baby, Scorched Earth was awesome too! I remember when I was like 12 years old thinking I was a mad haxxor for editing the text list of insults. Have you seen the new version so to speak? (I think it's an open source project, a friend in the lab showed it to me, with full internet play). I think it's called Charred Dirt or something. Was pretty fun.

Bah, I looked it up, here it is.

http://www.charreddirt.com/

My friend played Dune like mad, but I only played WarCraft.

There's another group of people who redid the first two King's Quests as well, in full Windows VGA with voice. Did a really good job!

Bah, I looked it up too.

http://www.agdinteractive.com/

Anybody ever play Civilization or Colonization? Those were great too!

9. Scorched Earth 3D is the latest version, the rights were sold and its been still under development, now requires Dirext X and it has continents, crazy shiznit...also multiplayer Internet playability..more options than ever.

Favorite original weapon was watching the napalm on the old VGA monitors.

Schhwwwaaa is still stuck on the bananananana throwing gorillas.

10. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

AHAHAHAHA! Son of a-

I'm going to have to post some of my old video games....

11. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

So a few years ago when I was working in a quality assurance lab, our workload was pretty small, and I was bored as hell. We had this guy who was uber-dedicated...when there was no work to do, he would get on his hands and knees and cinderella the floor, and likewise. The guy was a hella hard worker, but some of the things he would do to make up work were extreme. If we didn't follow suit, he would get insanely pissed at us to the point where it was just plain freaky. My friend said "One of these days russ is gonna snap," and hence the idea for the game.

All they had at the workplace was QBasic, so I didn't have much to work with. First I had to write a program to draw and save artwork into a QBasic simple-to-read format (draw2.exe). Then I had to make a program that animated the pictures in different scenes for the intro (studio.exe). Then I slapped it all together. Lots of work for a silly game, but when you have nothing else to do...

To this day, I don't think he knows the game existed, but everybody at work played the hell out of it.

PS: Yeah, I can't draw. Oh well. And I couldn't figure out transparency in QBasic without sucking motherloads of clock cycles, so I went without.

http://www.geocities.com/thereallucky/russ_goes_ballistic.zip

12. remember Logowriter? with the turtle? that was what I used to make my first program back in the hay day.

13. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

If I'm thinking what you're thinking, we had it at our school on the Apple IIs, but nobody knew how to use it. I tried like a mother to figure it out, but eventually I'd get kicked off by somebody who wanted to play number munchers.

14. da Apple 2 is the correct answer!

15. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

16. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

Theres nothing wrong with gorillas throwing bannanas.

17. duck hunt! how can anyone beat that game? Its the greatest.

18. we should add duck hunt to the arcade, send out a zapper gun to all the registered members on the board

19. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

My 'puter is too slow to play games on anymore, I just have Xbox and PS2. I was pretty in to them years ago though. Used to love X-Com, Dune, Falcon 3.0, Crusader of the Dark Savant, Mechwarrior 2...there was great stuff in the 386 days! The last really great PC game I was addicted to was EA's Superbike 2000/2001, best motorcycle games ever made.

20. I always thought the best motorcycle game ever made was Excitebike!

[​IMG]