close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Member, From Kent Wa.

Discussion in 'Westside' started by ran429, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Hi everyone, My name is Randy and im a bikeaholic.
    I recently did a facelift on a bike given to me,
    A KZ550 GPZ 1982.
    Before & after photos on my web page. See it here : http://home.comcast.net/~rsbiedler/MOSSBEATER.Html

I named it the mossbeater, Since it was covered in moss when I recieved it.
    Wife hated it but I seen thru the moss. Cost was near $275 for the facelift.
    Right now just dealing with motor issues as the #1 header isnt getting hot while running but a compression check is lined up for tomorrow. (Enter crossed fingers here for no holed pistons)
    Just found the site and a bunch of Locals to ridewith real soon.
    Randy.
    Also a KzRider.com member and owner of KZ Kawasaki Riders on Ezboards.
    [​IMG]

2. haha I like the mossbeater and it's good to see another Kawi too...welcome to the board, glad to have you!

3. Hey I had one with a kerker header-Been a long time forget what year.

4. Nice to see a old kawi getting new life, welcome aboard.

Buz

5. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

woohoo! from kent!... care to join RAMROD (ride around mt rainier) 2005? one day trip around the mountain, it was nice last year. probably do it a few times this year.

6. That would be quite nice.
    Though right now i am waiting for those lazy people in olympia to get off their butts and do some work toward reinstating my driving privies.

My bike right now is a project to keep me busy until I can ride it legally. This should all be in a few months, Their telephone hearing program is sort of slow compared to an unemployment hearing.
    ( 5 Too many driving while suspendeds is why i cannot drive right now.)

7. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

wow. that sucks. care to share?

8. Maybe later.
    But just dont drive unlicensed in Kent.

9. :D I got lot's of memories when I took a look at your GPZ. I had a GPZ750 in N.Y. city in the late 80's and I had a lot of fun riding there thank's for the memories and welcome.
    Good look with getting your privi's back.

10. Has anyone around Seattle area seen this bike anywhere?
    I am looking for the newest owner and possibly get to ride with him this spring?
    [​IMG]

11. RVFR

RVFR Pilot in Command

Dude, old post, cool to see.

12. i know, i accidently seen it on a google search and it sparked an interest. i want to ride beside my old mossbeater now with my newer rebuilt old bike.

13. RAMROD...isn't this a bicycle event? I'm riding the Chilly Hilly, Flying Wheels, STP (1-day), and RSVP this year.

[​IMG]

14. kudos! I did the STP two years ago I was a one day rider 14 hrs the put a lot of rest stops on the STP you can skip every other one and make good time:mfclap:

15. I rode the STP in 2-days last year (5hrs per day) with three months of training. Before that, the last time I rode was 20 years ago. I'm doing some major training this year and hope to get my long distance average to about 24mph. I rode 20mph average in 2007. For 2008, I plan to take 3 breaks, each at around 50 mile mark.

Anyone else riding STP. Sorry for changing the topic on this post. :devil:

16. you can post the stp stuff in the off topic forum:mfclap:

17. Oly ZX

Oly ZX Daytime Adventure Seeker

18. bukwld

bukwld Moderator

welcome to the jungle. just remember we are all animals at one time or another here..

19. Welcome back Randy....long time!