close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Discussion in 'Westside' started by soulrebeljc, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Just checking in. Someone dropped a leaflet on my bike yesterday. I have a 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak 1600. Blue. Pretty. Fast. Thinking about getting custom tank art if anyone knows a good artist for the right price.

Peace

2. Hey that was me. I am spending the weekend over here in Seattle and just happened to see your bike. Welcome to the board, it's good to see another Kawi on the road. Maybe talk to Jezterr on the board regarding the custom tank art, or he could get you in the right direction depending on what you want in particular.

How long have you been riding? Goto the UW?

3. I'm a PhD student in the Education dept. I've been going to the UW since 1989.

Been riding about 4 years, but this bike is just barely a year old. I ride a beat up '83 Honda Custom 250 before that, so I guess I've only been seriously riding for a year. I don't really have the time to cruise more than to work and to school (wish I did) between family, work, badn, school, so I take it when I can get it.

Check out the band website : www.kayostheory.com

4. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

is there a UW motorcycle club? i tried searching the UW site but didn't find anything. there might be some sort of unofficial thing going on. be cool to get something organized at the school.

5. Hi Guys:

I also had a leaflet put on my bike at my apartment in Kirkland a few days ago. It's a CBR 929... if anyone remembers putting it on there.

I graduated from the UW about 6 months ago and live in Kirkland now.

I'm down to go riding pretty much whenever as long as the weather is nice. I have a few friends at the U who ride so I'll forward this site address along to them.

6. That was me that left the leaflet. Welcome to the board, and we appreciate you passing the word along. Hope to bring onboard more members so there are constant rides being posted as the better part of the riding season starts to get under way.

7. Hey that your band- I play a little guitar
    Got a few jacksons,a recto , jcm800 -

8. Yeah, that's my band. I play bass. We're having a drummer transition right now, so this Friday is our last gig for a little while. I wish I could haul my gear around on my bike. I play through an Ampeg head right now, but it's not very versatile (it sounds great), but I've got a full Trace Elliot rig being shipped to me, so I'm selling my Ampeg/Sunn gear.

9. Guff

Guff Forum Admin Staff Member

Good to see more riders signing on from the seattle area. I'll be headed back that way mid to late summer. Welcome to the board! :D

-Guff

10. I wish I wasn't on the other side of the mountains- I would check your band

One of my best bros lives in edmonds just got his music room set up-pretty good vocalist and decent guitar player- had a band called No Mas they use to play around there-

Getting rid of an SVT? I thought ampeg was great for bass? I am a shitty as bass player(not at all) so I am pretty ignorant about bass stuff

I have 3 Usa jackson bolt ons and I am waiting for an 89 reverse headstock soloist to show up. I have a Mesa triple rec and a Marshall JCM 800-50 watter- Just pretty much a closet player anymore don't have time for a band-sucks nothing like playing with drums and bass-

take care good luck on the gig sounds like its your fun time with your schedule

11. eric

eric Slow Eric

welcome to the site.

12. oak

oak At Banned Camp

so sad to see peoples' bikes getting spammed.

i hated seeing leaflets on my car's windshield... it aggravates me to know someone was touching my property without my permission.

13. maidenjade

maidenjade Karma Rules!

I guess that's the reason why you don't drive anymore? :mrgreen:

14. oak

oak At Banned Camp

no, it's because i got planted into a lightpost by a negligent driver who sideswiped me. totalled my car and my face.

15. maidenjade

maidenjade Karma Rules!

Oh, sorry to hear that.

But hey, your face is still good.

16. oak

oak At Banned Camp

yeah, it functions for the most part but it's admittedly not the most pleasing to look at, especially while eating.

17. maidenjade

maidenjade Karma Rules!

Try the liquid diet. It requires minimal chewing movements hence little distortion to the face. But don't suck in too hard otherwise the cheeks may sink in.

18. oak

oak At Banned Camp

nah... my jaw healed just fine, although it became quite overactive after the surgery.

19. Welcome new dudes!

Beans... I need some leaflets man, where do I get them?

20. Hello i'm new too! I was forced to join awhile back and have lurked for what seems liked an eternity!