close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Discussion in 'Westside' started by 12rOwner, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Hello from Edmonds,

My normal routine is to scour the ZX-12r.org forums, until today, were I recieved a PM from beansbaxter (which was sent in FEB. sheesh)

I finally found a place to chat with the locals!

2. Glad to see you found the board alright. I too usually frequent the popular 12 forums since I have one also. Mine is a 2002, pushing 30,000+ miles on it (sigh).

I'll be bringing my 12 over there for the spring break so we'll have to meet up for a ride. It's always good to see another 12 on the road. There are a few other guys on this board in the Seattle region who have 12's. I met them at the Eastside Bellevue bike rally last summer.

3. Cool! Mines a 2003 with 4500 miles, just got it last July. I also just purchased a new rear wheel (BT010 200/50ZR17) on ebay for 120 bucks! WooHoo! If you make it over we can break it in, and if you don't, I'll still break it in! :lol:

4. Definitely, I have to break in my new BT014's. Like your 12, it came stock with the Dunlop 208's but I hated them and switched to the 010's. I've been running the 010's for the last few years, just now switched to the 014's that replaced them. Wuhahahaha...I've gotten my rear 200 all the way over when I ran the 010, rubbed all the way over, aaah those are still my all-time favorite tires. Best mileage I got out of a rear was 6010miles out of one rear 010.

[​IMG]

5. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

beans found a lover.

6. oh no-beans found someone else with a 12-Ah never going to hear the end of this kwak talking-just kidding

Welcome bro- Definately have to have a little respect for the 12

7. What me? talk kawi? never!:shock: :wink:

Thanks for the welcoming.

And heres a movie for you to watch

8. That movie is an oldie, but a goodie!

9. I know, but I love it! :lol:

10. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

11. New from Port Orchard,

I ride a '90 Katana 600, I'm hoping to buy a newer bike this year, though I don't know what yet.

12. Welcome new member! Port Orchard eh!

Hmmm, new bike, well I finally narrowed my choice down to the black one or the red... I choose the black... LOL

Welcome!

13. Hey sandman3...welcome to the board. How long have you been riding that Katana for? Is there any particular model your leaning toward getting. Lots of great bikes out there, but if you ask me for advice, I bleed only green my friend!

14. I have been riding for about 2 years now. I've been leaning torward either a GSXR600 or a Buell XB12. Though my wife wants me to get a CBR.

15. *runs around in a circle screaming* AHHHHHHHHHH no Buell, anything but a Buell!

16. Hey man, dont stress bein on a tuna, just peel that HORRID body off it, 'fighter it up and give it some personality. Ive had one, they are pretty fun little bikes, esp if you put a 60-70 tooth rear sprocket on it. OOO Wheelielicious!

17. Guff

Guff Forum Admin Staff Member

I started out on a '99 katana. Fun bikes and great to learn on.

-Guff

18. Great little movie, loved it..:)

Buz