close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New rubber

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by KCander, Jun 2, 2005.

1. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

Well, ended up buying a pair of Michelin Pilot Roads this week. First time I've ever bought sport/touring tires (figured I'd need the extra milage since I'll be kicking the summer off w/ the trip to Seca), it'll be interesting to see whether I can tell any difference in the level of grip vs the D208/207s I've had over the years. For an average rider like me who doesn't usually ride balls-out (ie I generally keep it under triple digits...most of the time anyways) it probably won't make much difference, but we shall see!

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

kind of a scary thing to try and test the grip, no?

3. KC, let me know what you think of the tires, I haven't tried Michelin's yet.

4. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

No kidding. I'm not Gary McCoy, I have no desire to have the ass-end sliding out behind me! One crazy thing I read somewhere was that scrub-in for some of the harder touring-oriented tires is like 100 miles! Good Lawd!

5. That sounds about right for runin on a sport touring tire.

6. They better stick. You ain't riding bitch on bike to go find a mechanic on 101.

7. I like my Pilot Sports that came on the F4i. I only changed to the Metzelers after hearing some good things about them.

The Michelins had VERY good traction and long life.