close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New to Site

Discussion in 'Eastside' started by RtV, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Just thought I'd say Hi, I am new to the group, to Spokane, and to riding for that matter. I do have a question that I hope someone can help me with...I need to lower my bike (I'm only 5'4'' and I am on my tiptoes when I ride) and I'm not sure which is the best way. I've been told about a couple of different options (seat shaving, seat replacement, or lowering my bike) but I am not sure what is the best option. Any suggestions would be great.

2. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

welcome to the board!

i don't know much about lowering bikes, but i'm sure that doing anything to the suspension is going to change your clearance and probably geometry.

i think they make kids for it, though.

3. talk to 1000 or G-spot on this website. I know they lowered G-spot's bike and might be able to help you out

4. Seat shaving is nice, but lower the suspension, you get more for your buck there.

E

5. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

You may want to try getting dogbone links and it should lower the bike and inch or so...there are great support/tech/info on the SV650.

svrider.com and sv650.org I've seen threads about lowering an SV on those sites.

Josh