close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Newbie and moving to Spokane...

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Perferd, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Hello everyone here in the WA forum. I mostly post in the Oregon forum on sportbikes.ws basically cause thats where I am at now. Anyways probably sometime in mid to end of May I will be moving up to Spokane to visit some family up there and staying till around end June thru early July. Wondering if there is a group up there I could hook up with and show me around. I have a 05 ZX6R 636 that needs many miles over the summer and I have no job so lets ride!!!

Justin

2. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

sweet, welcome to the board!

3. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Thanks...I would post some pics but I dont know how on this board plus my bike is in the shop getting painted...

4. Perfred when you get here just post up and we tell were to meet us. :thumbrig:

5. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Saaaweet thanks 1000...So how many riders are up there in Spokane? You guys have GTG's, ride often, trips, track days?

6. welcome to the board Perferd, glad to have ya...

big sportbike crowd here in spokane. rides are consistently going on every saturday and sunday, with anywhere from 25-35 bikes showing up. lots of rides throughout the week as well. either post up a ride your interested in or lookout for rides that are being put together and show up ready to ride.

eastern wa has TONS of good roads to ride and there will be a lot going on this summer.

so how long have ya been riding? good to see another kawi onboard hehe

7. Kawi or not, its nice to see another OREGONIAN!!!

Im from salem, been livin here 3 yrs now, ride alotta weekdays, we oughta go rally!

E

8. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Well I am pretty new to the sportbike scene, actually this is my first bike. Dont worry I am not a tard I dont do stunts, weave in and out of traffic, or act like a fool doing 150mph everywhere I go. I have had the bike for 2 months riding time (3 months altogether) and put on 4000 miles. I plan on having 10k before I go back overseas which should be around end of June beginning of July.

bwt this is not like any other 05 636 you will see on the road...

Oh yeah and the crew sounds big I cant wait to meet up with you guys. Around here there are just 4 of us and usually only 2 can ride due to school and work. I do travel a lot to Bend/Corvallis but that crew is only maybe 8 bikes...

9. I don't think you'll find anyone in this town who does anything stupid as you've mentioned...all laws are obeyed at all times, and we like to hold hands when rolling down the road in pairs. :diabloan: (don't know why I put this guy...he just seemed too cool not to put on the boards!!)

10. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

^LOL little extreme but its all good...I just meant I dont act like a jackass on the roads. I save that for out of town on the back roads and twisties...

11. Hey it's all good. I cant stunt like some of these other guys, but I still enjoy riding! We are all sensible riders, and their is a time and place for everything. Lots of fun though, and we can stack another 15k miles on your bike in just a few short months!!

12. be careful when dealing with Daniel, he's not joking...dude will ride more in a summer than all of us combined!....and now for random emoticon: :thin:

13. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Wow thats a lot of miles bro...I wanted 10k before I go but 15k will do too lol. I will definately look you up when I get to town cause I can never find anyone around here with the time...

14. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: dude I cant stop laughing at that line....soo stooopid but ooh soo funny!

15. Glad you found your way over here and have fun riding over there

16. Guff

Guff Forum Admin Staff Member

Hopefully I do have a job by the time you get here so that I have money to ride. :p Welcome to the board!

-Guff