close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Only From a Girl....

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by G-Spot, Jun 10, 2005.

1. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

So I have 3500 miles under my belt (after the crash) and feel pretty good about how I ride. I enjoy doing and tend to get lost in the feeling of being on a bike. I like the flowers and cows in the pastures and I like the feeling of my bike throttling up and taking off when some punk kid thinks he can beat you in his little piecer. But every once in a while it just hits you as you wave at another motorcyclist that this truly is a lifestyle and way ore than a hobby. That there is a certain amount of respect amoung bikers (and for the most part regardless of what you are actually on). Then as you are reveling in the fact that you are privy to a world that not too many Americans really enjoy (especially if you are of the female kind), it hits you again. WOW! I can ride a motorcycle! :lol: You feel so ultimately cool that you know how to ride bike. It's just a feeling that for the most part we all take for granted because we all ave experience in doing it and really just feels like second nature to us. Anyway, I was having one of those moments the other day and just thought that I would share the gushy feelings as only a girl can do.......................

2. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

"...and then I snapped out of my daydream about the beauty of motorcycling as my CBR rocketed across the gravel shoulder, through a barbwire fence, and into aforementioned flowered pasture, flinging me into a mountain of cow dung. Thus, my moment of zen ended."

3. G-Spot, listen to above, oh-so-wise parable.. and stop paying attention to non-riding related objects. If you wanna do that get on the back of someone's bike, like Blondie does.. then you can space out.

When you get in that daydream zen state you're road pizza material and I hope you don't have to learn this the hard way, my dear :oops:

4. crackup:

That's where I thought that was going too!

But I don't disagree with you G-spot... it's pretty cool!

5. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

Yeah, I was just joking, but it did seem to be going that direction for a minute! Anyways, I agree, motorcycling is so damn cool, and it's definitely much more than just a hobby. You get this kinship with other riders, even if you've never met somebody, if you find out they have a bike it's like you're part of the same culture all the sudden.

Funny, one of my friends used to always think it was really dorky how motorcycle riders all wave at each other. I explained to him, "Dude, it's like you're part of the club, and everyone else just doesn't get it." Sure enough, after a few bikers waved at him, he was waving back, and at the end of the ride he understood.

I think the fact that the majority of people out there will never understand makes you feel like you know some important secret that they'll never find out.

When we wave at each other, it's like saying, "BWA HA HA! WE ARE THE SUPERIOR, EVOLVED BEINGS OF TWO-WHEELED PERFECTION...LET US ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE ARE THE ENLIGHTENED ONES, SHINING BEACONS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS IN A WORLD OF CAGED, FREQUENCY MODULATED EVIL! TOGETHER WE CAN CLEANSE THE UNIVERSE OF ITS IMPURITIES WITH THE SIMPLE TWIST OF OUR RIGHT HANDS AND THE HOWL OF OUR TITANIUM EXHAUSTS! RIDE, FRIEND, FOR WITH YOU RIDES THE HOPES AND DREAMS OF ALL MANKIND!!!!"

Or something like that.

6. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

stop daydreaming... that's how i crashed.

7. its just like a JEEP THING!!!! I have Jeep and a bike so I feel that way all the time!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

8. So does Don, the guy who came up with the VStar - you two should compare toys ;)

G-Spot - forget the crap that they are telling you in here... I know you're still paying attention to the road. I do it too. You just get this feeling of being naked in nature and all these things surrounding you unlike when in a car. It's great, and even better when you pull up to a stop light, and as you drop it into neutral and look to your right, the car full of guys, jaws dropped, are gawking and yell at you .."LOVE the heels!!!" (I had to get to an interview, court hearing, and interview someone... all in one 90 degree day... c'mon!). It's a beautiful thing.

9. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

uh huh... do that often, do ya?

10. hey 1000 next time you get stuck let me know and I'll bring out a real rig to get you out

[​IMG]

:pokeowne:

11. i'm sorry...I grew up in a 78 Jeep Wagoneer that sealed my hatred for jeeps (and i'm a mopar nut) however everyone i know that has/had one love them but spend ungodly amounts of money and time just to keep them on the road. My personal favorite was my best friends cherokee that seized the center piston because it got too hot....got to love the inline 6-cylinder design crackup:

that's why the wifey and i purchased not only a classic, but a certified "JEEP RESCUE UNIT"

12. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

This thread is not about Jeeps....it's about my moment of Zen....start your own jeep thread! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

My favorite story was when I was heading to work and was at a stop light about two cars back waiting to turn and a guy offered me $3,00 for my bike. He said some other smack and then said c'mon it's a girls bike....at which point I flipped up my visor and said to him that I was a girl and he should take the $3000 and invest it in his little piecer of a honda to which the look on his face made me want a camera as I zoomed off to go make money.......

13. MEOW!
    [​IMG]
    HISSSSSSS!!!!!

14. About ZEN, there's nothing quite like losing your thoughts to the openness on the road with only two wheels. It's reminiscent of the first two wheeler most of experienced as children, and as children, we wish we could go back to the peace that was once there. Some of us find it once again on two wheels, but this time there's a motor, the legs aren't in charge any more.

ZEN is finding yourself at the end of your ride when you only know it's the end because you've decided to turn around and go home, but you don't quite remember where you where going in the first place, but you know that you wanted to ride and ridden you have on the roadway surrounded by fresh air, blue sky, green hills, blue waters, and fluffy white clouds that lend themselves to day dreams. This is ZEN on two wheels. I wish to all of you, ZEN on two wheels.

15. PPPSSST!!! Raarrwwwwweeww!!!

Cat fight!

16. You know what puts me into a state of Zen, HUMPING.

17. Ok you know when you banging some hard corners. Going left going right and then left and then all of a sudden you drift to outside of the next corner and get into the gravel. Zen starts when you hit the breaks and for that split second where your still upright and on the road you have all the time in the world to reflect on your whole life. Thoughts like Oh God I love my son, Was I a good father, and shit I should have made the house payment. Zen is when you have just that split second to think but is seems like you have all the time in the world. Then of course when that second is over you suddenly find yourself in a world of hurt and reality hits. :rr: