close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FS: Or trade, 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 4WD. Clean title, 182k miles. $5200

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Gabej, Jan 18, 2016.

1. I have $600 worth of new tires on it. I also have about $2600 worth of receipts for work done recently. I bought from my brother-in-law. Was going to use it this winter. Instead I traded in my DD for a yuppie Acura RDX.

New tires
    New exhaust
    New O2 sensors
    New driver's seat belt
    New accessory belts
    Transmission checked and flushed

Here's my Craigslist ad. I'll try to get some pics uploaded to PNW Riders soon. I can wiggle a little on price, and I'll consider any motorcycle trade offer. I live in The Dalles.
    https://portland.craigslist.org/grg/cto/5377859648.html

2. "Needs paint"

Can you expand on that please?

3. The hood of the car as seen in the second to last photo is probably what needs paint is my guess

4. That is a fine guess indeed. I saw the lifting clear coat as well. I was hoping the owner could chime in with more detail. Is the clearcoat problem limited to the hood? Or all the horizontal surfaces? Is the truck still sporting the original paint? Are there previous spot repairs that need attention? Etc.

5. It is the original paint. All horizontal surfaces are peeling. It's typical of the FJ80 Land Cruisers. Most enthusiasts sand it down and spray the whole rig with bed liner or platidip. Like this: 077a6310cc23bd688b6a341254fdb56f.jpg

6. Here is a video I took, for the curious. I installed the new O2 sensors this weekend. No "check engine lights" no squeals, no weird noises. Just has a typical drive shaft thunk and some weak window motors.

I'm not as dumb as I sound. Promise.

AlbatrossCafe likes this.
  7. New price: $4900.

8. Just picked up a full-sized, matching spare rim with good rubber to be sold with the rig. First person with $4,000 gets a hell of a deal.