close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Parking under the Fine Arts Building

Discussion in 'Pullman / Moscow' started by Lucky, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

w0000000t!

So this morning I get up late (tired, been a grueling two weeks of random stuff), and I book it over to my Calc 3 class to turn in my assignment at the last minute. I went to take my bike to the fine arts building, where they have that little flip up gate thingy...but they got new gates! The new gates were too long! Couldn't get my bike in there!

Screw that, I had an assignment to turn in. I was thinking of ways to break, err, uhh, adjust the gate so I could get in, when somebody pulled up behind me and swiped their card through.

Got my assignment turned in, and then I had to figure out a way to get back out. Fortunately again, somebody was there with their card.

Called the parking department, and they said they would get it fixed pronto. Nice girl I talked to too...

Anyway, in case anybody was wondering, it should be fixed soon.

2. Good looking out. Used to park up there regularly, but have been parking under the Owens overhang lately.

3. FYI - don't park between metered spots in the turn around on Wilson by the WSU Fire Station :mrgreen:

4. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

i heard they were closing that station... or are they just having the city run it?

5. It's closed. It shut down May 16th and since then, the Pullman FD has been covering all of the jurisdiction that was WSU's before.

6. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

LAME. they had some cool people at that station when i was there. they should convert it into a building for shop/mechanic classes. then i'd consider being in the middle of nowhere again for another few years...

7. I am still pissed they took the mc parking away from the best spot on campus - right behind Johnson Tower.

8. cordodor

cordodor Retired

yup, right there behind johnson, next to todd hall. i would park my DT175 there all the time :D

9. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

I heard about that fabled spot!

It seems as if the Fine Arts building is collecting abandoned motorcycles. One of em' has been sitting there for almost a year, and the other one going on 6 months.

10. Ya, so for those of you who don't know this I USED to work for parking...I just about got fired for objecting to getting rid of the johnson parking spaces. It used to be a metered lot and bountiful mc parking in the corner by troy hall...now it seems its more important to have HC parking there. The reasoning for removing the MC spaces, and spaces that are in other areas now considered "the mall" (glen terrel, library road, college ave) or high pedestrian areas (under smith gym) is that its too dangerous for bikes and peds to be that close and someone could get hurt. Well I countered with those jackasses on mountain bikes who hall ass around campus jumping shit becuase at this same time was when a dumbass jumped the crest in the road on library road and mid air hit a pedestrian. (I also know this cause the FD had to be called for both). I was seriously pissed about this cause I liked to park there as well. And the reasoning that its safer for HC people to drive through high pedestrian traffic areas than for motorcycles (which are more maneurvable and lighter compared to a car) was bullshit and I called them on it. I pushed a little too hard and coupled with another incident I just about lost my job, which wouldn't have been a bad thing except for two reasons: 1) I've never been fired before (if it gets that bad I stick it to them before it gets stuck to me) and 2) I needed the money. A bonus though is that I learned where the "free" parking was exploited it immensly.

The space next to the FD was a great spot too, and its a bullshit reason for that one too: because the bikes most of the time couldn't park there without having something sticking out on the sidewalk (and its illegal to park on a sidewalk in their eyes, even though that particular section only gets a few people walking on it and everyone else just walks where ever the f*ck they want to in the turn a round) they decided to close it all off.

A note about the FD...the station is actually in a terrible location due to the high ped traffic and car traffic at class change time...thats why the elected to close that station.

11. So Lucky, you know about the OTHER parking under the fine arts building, right? When you just start up the hill going towards the CUB you take that left that looks like its the back entrance to fine arts, and as soon as you get in the garage there will be a TINY spot to your right for motorcycles (maybe fits 3 max). Its good if you're late to class and what have you.