close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pics: From Ride on 6-20 *High Bandwidth*

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Jun 21, 2005.

1. This is the first set of pics from that great Monday ride that Fighterama led us on...Expect another thread posted as I got some great pics from the ride up and down Spiral!

Here is the gang's first stop on some backroad:
    [​IMG]

Beerbohm...umm yeah:
    [​IMG]

fast_lcf's might gixxxer sixxx:
    [​IMG]

Fear mcjunky's riding his TL1000R!!!:
    [​IMG]

Eric's sexy 748, yeah that's Duc boys and girls:
    [​IMG]

Perferd, from Oregon, knows the guy who works on my 12 in Oregon, his 05 6R:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is on the route to Walla Walla before we turned off:
    [​IMG]

After Spiral, we stopped at Uniontown, but Eleanors is closed on Mondays so no eats here:
    [​IMG]

Next to Eleanors in Uniontown, a local pulled up and said we should come look at his custom trike, he wanted $20k for it:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The locals get excited here:
    [​IMG]

I dunno why:
    [​IMG]

So we ended our journey for badly needed food at Stellas in Pullman, LRG even showed up for the festivities:
    [​IMG]

Still in Pullman, you can see the dorms across the street:
    [​IMG]

2. Next set of pics I had to crop out and zoom in and use every megapixel on my ole digital camera. Now that I've taken them though, next time we go back, I know how to configure my camera to get better pics. Sorry some are worse than others, I took a ton of them and these are the better ones...I'll narrate the pics:

For the next set of pics, the order riding from front to rear is mcjunky, Fighterama, fast_lcf, Perferd, and Beerbohm. Most of the pics are just of the first three.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here from left to right is mcjunky and fighterama:
    [​IMG]

Then came fighterama being followed by fast_lcf:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The three machines as they come up:
    [​IMG]

3. nice work on the photos dan'l, just wish there could be some SOUNDS on those too! I know leif was wringing the piss outa the 6, and I was administering a rather brutal flogging to the princess just trying to keep that TL within view. Mc's a little faster than i can figure out how to ride, gotsta learn some more! Also we gotta get a camera and do a touch of filming on that road, its so damn pretty, CONER-CORNER-CONER-CORNER-CONER-CORNER-CONER-CORNER-CONER-CORNER-CONER-CORNER-CONER-CORNER-CONER-CORNER-CONER-CORNER-CONER-CORNER-CONER-CORNER-CONER-CORNER.

Lets do it again soon!

E

4. yeah the sound was crazy. you figure we were at the vista point, ya'll must have been 1500+ feet down and we could hear the TL and the Duc just ringin' those exhausts. Gotta love that sweet sound of the twin!!

Next time we go, I'll do better at pics and maybe even bring out the ole digital camcorder as well.

5. You young whippersnappers cannot imagine what the road surface of the Spiral Hwy. was like 40 years ago when it was the ONLY way to get down to Lewiston. All of the truck traffic really tore the he** out of it. :x
    Have any of you tried Washington State route 261 between Lyons Ferry and its junction with 260 near Washtucna? :twisted:

6. Bill I have a loop that I session that goes down central, across 12, and up lyons. On a sunny day, down some backroads from spokayne, 2 laps in the desert on those roads, then get the hell outa dodge before you get caught! Pix on the river are at central ferry, only about 15 river miles upstream. You oughta join us over here for a session! Wish you could bring the Banana (that bike kicked ass).

Daniel, whats this dig cam you speak of? We could always post you in one of the corners......

E

7. The office next door to mine downtown, he said I could use his digital camcorder whenever I wanted...it's a brand new Sony that records straight to DVD-R's and has all the new bells and whistles. The nice thing is it is compact, so it would fit in the 12's trunk, and we could head down to Spiral.

There is one or two corners you can get some good views and one close by as you all swoop by.

I put up a post to see how much Studio819 would come out there and take some professional pics of us too.

8. Kolat

Kolat emw2k9 beer pong champions

the camera mounts for the gas fillup thingy are pretty nice and not too spendy also :)

T

9. crackup: but that means I have to keep up with them on the 12...aint gonna happen if mcjunky is ridin'

ya'll have no true idea how insanely good he is on the tight stuff!

10. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

I was just dowbn in Boise and theres a road there thats about 70 miles long thats just like the Spiral. It's ONE SICK ROAD. Anywho I'll be down there at least one more time before I head down to Pheniox for school if anyones interested...nice pics by the way...wish I was there.

josh

11. :shock:
    Yeah. Keep posting pics of Spiral. I'll post pics of the wet straight roads over here.

12. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Sweet pics thanks...More pics of spiral please

13. Nice pics beans!
    That hemi trike was a trip, don't know about straddling a 727 tranny though :shock:

14. keep telling yourself that chief

15. did they tell you that at work???????you know bubba.....

16. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

Nice pics...most of them anyways...

17. cordodor

cordodor Retired

[​IMG]
    hey daniel, your bikes' got a sissybar!

I dig the akro can on the 6r. that's tight. looks like a blast guys.

18. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

awww. i miss hanging out at eleanor's... i miss spiral highway... i miss the sunny weather... YOU GUYS SUCK.

19. Hwy 95 between Boise and Lewiston is good, as I recall from the last time I drove it over 30 years ago. Take the OLD Whitebird Hill road out of Grangeville down to the canyon of the Salmon. It has lots of hairpins on the canyon side.