close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pictures from Thursday's Fantastic Voyage err Ride

Discussion in 'Pullman / Moscow' started by beansbaxter, May 6, 2005.

1. Thought I'd add some explanation even though I think everyone works better with illustrations.

I met up with Skier in Cheney early Thursday morning. He took me on some new roads before I ended up in more familiar territory. We took off on the Cheney-Plaza Road and it was nice scenery and nice mixture of road behavior. I'd like to go back up that again if at all possible. We broke off the road a little early to take 271 to the Rosalia/Oakesdale exit off 195, then took familiar ole 27 down through the Palouse to Pullman.

Met up with the small gathering of WSU folk for the photoshoot. Had the opportunity to meet cordodor, ziggyf86 (who I've known and riden with from last riding season), and Lia. Here is the group shot:
    [​IMG]

And another one:
    [​IMG]

cordodor's R6:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Skier's Bad Rad:
    [​IMG]

ziggyf86 (Jake):
    [​IMG]

Lia's 250:
    [​IMG]

So cordodor and Lia took off, and the three of us went on for our own ride. Had a blast heading down to the back high speed twisties onto the river run and then up Spiral of course. I blipped an easy 165mph on the speedo, but wasnt in the mood to go much faster. The head wind was hella crazy on the river and we were aching from it. So on top of Spiral:
    [​IMG]

Jake had a test so we headed back to Pullman taking the normal route. Met up fast_lcf at his place and off we went.
    [​IMG]

Took 27 back up to hit Spokane where we eventually made it to Beaudry's in Post Falls:
    [​IMG]

fast_lcf took off back to Pullman on his own. Skier and I went to Westside and saw Jason H. and B&D17 (Brian B.) and talked for a bit. Saw that 10R that was recently wrecked as well. And headed off to Cheney, where we talked to Guff before we all disbanded.

Well the moral of today's ride...hmmm...it was fun, fast, scandalous at times, but when your doing what the posted legal speed limits are suppose to be, you CAN still get nabbed by the Man.

So Skier, fast_lcf, and I were on the Spokane Interstate, right past the Spraque exit, in the middle lane of traffic while having other cars pass us on the right side, minding our own business, and a State Trooper was sitting off in the field. He proceeded to pull us all over and claimed we were speeding. We were seriously not speeding. So we received tickets for going 65mph in a 60 zone. YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!! There has to be another way to increase the donut fund.

The three speeding tickets:
    [​IMG]

I can understand and I wont argue if I am ever going way over the speed limit, but 65 in a 60 tells me the officer gave us a ticket because he singled out motorcycle riders. It sucks, but another battle to fight. We'll see what happens.

2. Nice pics! Looks like you had a day of fun. Too bad the donut patrol was out. :(

3. It was a great day, except the damned ticket. :lol:

I'll see ya Thursday for dealing with it. :)

And for the record, we rode 410 miles, according to my bike's tripometer. The poor Rad got 29 MPG trying to keep up with you hooligans up 27. :lol:

4. [​IMG]

5. I forgot to show of all the bugs that met their fate with my windscreen, one bug hung on and stayed intact hehe:

[​IMG]

6. Oh yeah, I forgot to add...It was nice meeting some new peeps on Thursday, nice to put a face and a bike to their handle name on here.

And if anyone wants more of the pics from that day, or just some larger versions of those pics, send me a pm with what you want and I'll email them to ya!

7. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Ditto, that ride sounded fun, except for the tickets. You'll have to let us know how that pans out.

8. Damn! what's up with the tickets? Ridiculous!

9. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

10. fast_lcf

fast_lcf Palouse Pirate

I do not like pigs nor bacon...

11. cordodor

cordodor Retired

sounds like you guys had a blast. I wish I could have made the trip with ya. Those were some good pics. Way to document the trip. Now I can see how you have so many miles on that 12, Beansbaxter... That sucks about the tickets though... I'm so surprised that guy would bother. It wasnt like the end of the month or anything...

12. I'm sure the Stater saw it as a way to get three tickets at once. Seems like a clear-cut case of motorcycle profiling to me. Ah well, we'll see how the talk with the prosecutor goes.

13. So, why'd all 3 of you pull over?

14. If a State Patrolman makes eye contact and tells you to pull over, are you going to keep riding?

15. Didn't your mom ever tell you to not make eye contact? Sounds like a good case for a mirrored shield ;)

16. cordodor

cordodor Retired

I LIKE MINE! Other uses... Wear it in class and fall asleep. Check out hot chicks without them knowing. there's gotta be others....