close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

pilot powers

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Jafar, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

anyone tried the new pilot powers out yet? i hear they're on back order... any other reccomendations for super-sticky street tires???

2. Got em on the kx 5 supermoto and the tlr - only tire I will be running for awhile other than the pilot roads for laguna.
    Sticky, heat up real well and give excellent feedback. Don't know about wear yet but it is suppose ta be real good.

3. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

got some pirelli supercorsa pros on the way... heard they're as sticky as duct tape, but they're no good for the street as they won't warm up enough...

4. I prefer Tombstones....errr Bridgestones.

5. So heres my tire op's.

Bridgestone BT 012: Have one on the back of the triumph, piece of shit. Cant get it to hook up for anything coming out of a corner, spins it up on regular occasion. Warms up fast, but shit profile as you dont have much lean angle to the edge of a tire. Front is decent, but the profiles arent too stellar.

Pilot Power: Just put them on the ducky, getting used to them. Very good stiction, takes a little while to heat up but it pays off. Profile causes a really neutral tire in the corners, eg., when put into a corner, the bike has a tendency to stay in the lean so you have to countersteer out on hard throttle. Not bad on most corners, interesting characteristic. Havent broken them loose yet.

Pirelli Diablo Corsa: Fave tire of them all. Exceedingly sticky, warms up quick, lean angle to match the bike ( bad point for the ego crowd, chickenstrips are a BITCH to get off these tires, plan on scraping metal parts to get them work to the edge). More positive tire, very stable around corners but still wants to pull back up on the throttle so you come out of turns smoother.

Does that help?

E

6. The BT014's that came stock on my 6R are working very well.

7. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

woohoo for pirellis! fighterama's got good taste.

8. X2 Diablo Corsas...on my third set on the 'Blade...

Will probably be trying the new Metzler or parhaps Avons on the 'Bird this summer. If I didn't think it would EAT the Corsas in record time I'd go with them.

J

9. I'd like to hear more reviews on Avons.

10. Avons
    Powers

11. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

have 3800 on my bt014's, i'm not sure if its the profile or just the wear, but at some point when i'm leaning the bike at the apex, i feel like it kinda dips down suddenly like there is a drop off in the profile. they have plenty to go before the wearbar, but i'm going to replace them now.

i'll have to look into the pirelli's.

think i might throw on some avon pro's in the meantime.

thanks for all the feedback!!!!

12. cordodor

cordodor Retired

got a set of pilot powers on the R6 and they're great tires. they're stickier than my old Dunlops, that's for sure...

13. Kolat

Kolat emw2k9 beer pong champions

I love the rear pilot I have on the 954, wears a lot better than the battlax I had on before, and it gets great grip even in the rain (wet wheelies)

T

14. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

+1

15. We'll see about the wear factor soon, I'm putting a set on my 1000 before we leave to laguna. I will let you khow what I think of them when I get back.

16. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

putting on avon pro's tomorrow morning. gonna try to hammer them asap so i can throw on powers for the S100.

please send me directions to your favorite twisties!!!

17. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

are you participating?? did you register?? if you did, AWESOME!!!

18. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

yeah, i did. i just need to raise the money. any advice?

19. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

prostitution.

20. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

okay, one date with Jafar: starting bid, $500.

we will go to Dick's for dinner, meet me there on your bike.