close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ping: Westside Motorcycle Riders!

Discussion in 'Westside' started by beansbaxter, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Are you all riding over there? It seems like there are mad rides going on every day over here on the east side of the mountains.

There seems to be a lot of riders on the board from the westside of the state, so let's see some pics during those huge group ride gatherings.

Plus if you all post up some rides, it gives me an excuse to ride out there for some of them hehe...

woowoo:

2. I've yet to ride with or meet any of the members. The weather has been pretty ugly. Appears that a lot of the eastsiders are students or have more flexible schedules too! We have to deal with commute time as well. All that makes it tuff to get weekday rides going. I am hoping we can do some dinner rides/gtgs once the weather is more steady. Usually July 5th is the start of the steady summer weather over here.

3. I second you on that, there has been too many grey gloomy days this spring after the best riding winter in a long time. Since it sounds like a lot of us are headed down to Laguna, maybe we should try and set up a gtg at the track.

4. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

let's all go for a ride this weekend.

5. Maybe it's the weather difference. This time of year, the sunshine lingers longer on this side of the mountains. I remember countless times it was blazing sunny here and I'd call Jafar up and he'd be like it's raining. Seems like every time I ride over there, it's gloomy or raining.

Pullman is the lucky spot, cause they get all the sunshine that misses them as it comes through Spokane. But then again, I hear the Tricities gets something like the third most sunshine or something in the state.

6. That is true, I grew up in TC and there are days in July and August that is gets just too hot to ride. I've seen it in the 115 to 118 range there before

7. Theres nothing wrong with riding in a little rain.

8. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

NO IT'S NOT. not while i'm out there...

9. Tomorrow is looking like the decent day. Haven't done the three pass blast yet this year. I can burn up the rest of my tires.

Meet in Issaquah/Fall City around 10. Go north up 203, east on 2. Lunch in Leavenworth. South on Blewitt. Pitt stop in Cle Elum. Back to the west side. About 230 miles. 4-6 hours depending on length of stop.

Any interest?

10. There is if your front tire is down to 15% tread!

11. Thats called time to get new tires.

12. I would, but I'm Working tomorrow.

13. Ordering the Diablos today.

14. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

As you know, I'm supposed to be installing my new brake pads and flush mounts tomorrow out in Snoqualmie, plus my rear tire is so shot it looks like a racing slick...HOWEVER, if there's enough interest in doing the 3 pass blast I might be able to throw my brake pads on early in the morning, skip dealing with the flush mounts, do a quick prayer to various and sundry gods and demons that my tire holds up, and roll with you.

15. We better hold off on having too many drinks and cigars tonight so you won't feel like total crap in the morning and you can get your ass out to the valley early. Who am I kidding. Hold off? crackup:

16. All the way to Snoqualmie just to change brake pads?

17. KCander

:drunken: :pukerigh:

18. KCander

My pops has all the tools, and I'm a mechanical idiot. I just know how to ride the thing and put gas in it.

19. I have most of the tools to work on mine, but if I do anything really serious I head out to NB and use my parents stuff. Dad Rides BMWs and so I grew up working on bikes.