close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

PIR pics (56K you've been warned)

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Blackstar, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Nice pics indeed! As soon as I focused, you changed the size hehe

2. No fear. next time we do one of these meetings at a race track I'll bring my camera, then we can have some proper pics. after all it is what i went to school for.

3. Oh man, PR looks a bit different when you're not doing the quarter mile! Nice pictures!

4. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

more pics!

jafar, keith (a non-member of the board. gotta resolve this - wise old man who knows his shit), and bandit all working on their tan...
    [​IMG]

red talking about... something...
    [​IMG]

trixie and her mom doin' their thang...
    [​IMG]

coming off of turn 2 into the S...
    [​IMG]

the most technical part of the track... kinda scary lookin'...
    [​IMG]

uhm... trixie... doing... something...
    [​IMG]

damn tourists...
    [​IMG]

blackstar... being a tourist...
    [​IMG]

i could almost reach out and touch them...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and... i don't know...
    [​IMG]

5. crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup:

6. Looked alot more like pacific raceways than PIR, good photos tho! Looks like we eastsiders missed out. Why arent any of you yahoos on the race bikes?

E

7. I think you answered your own question.

8. I see some 70's bikes out there, you can race ANYTHING!

E

9. Lol!

Sorry JR I don't have any pics of beans (*cough* send me some and your pic may dissapear *cough*), so I had to make do with what I had!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Turn 6 IIRC

[​IMG]

Same turn - old school gixx, baby!

[​IMG]
    (T3)
    Mike Sullivan who broke the lap record in this Formula Ultra race....

[​IMG]

... but unfortunately went down on the last lap in turn 3b, with a solid lead in 1st :banghead:

Watching those Ultra guys come down into 3a and 3b was just scary, saw a few people doing some rear-wheel locking with serious pucker factor.

[​IMG]

And a rider leaving the bus stop. One guy rode a wheelie practically into the next wall, haha.

(edit: Yeah it was Pacific Raceways. I think it used to be called PIR(?) so some people still call it that.)

10. Has Sullivan even raced up here much this year? I have seen him getting lapped in some of the AMA races in CA.

11. I don't know, I don't follow that closely. I heard he placed 15th at Daytona this year though :thumblef:

12. Yeah- there is quite a variety of classes. The old rides are sweet. Seeing the Nortons and Triumphs going around the track is pretty cool. Seeing them in the pits is just as cool.

13. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

THAT'S AWESOME. i really do wish i was a ballerina... told you guys i hate pictures of me... i was humming "swan lake" when i was doing that move...

I WAS OUT THERE TODAY. pics coming soon...

14. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

sweet pics, wish i could've come down...oh well, another time. need bike back sooooooooooooooooon!!!!!! like the ballerina photo by the way.

minor detail: PIR is Portland International Raceway, not Pacific Raceway. Pacific Raceway used to be called SIR, Seattle International Raceway. Not so "international" these days...

15. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

the ballerina doin' his thang...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Ahh, I knew it used to have an "I" in it somewhere!