close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

places to ride in seattle area...

Discussion in 'Westside' started by jezterr, Apr 17, 2005.

1. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

so who knows all the good roads? mercer island's become my favorite location. green valley road has become second... any other good roads that anybody knows about?

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

i'm not touching anybody's nuts much less chuck it anywhere... :toothy7:

where's that?

i just found 509 going through dash point over here, too...

3. Jafar knows exactly how/where it is. It's the Highway-11 that heads north from the Seattle region into the south entrance of Bellingham. Not too bad of a road, but a bit overhyped. Lots of motorcycles too!

4. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

chuckanut is way north, up by bellingham and mt. vernon. i think there are some roads on 9 to the north a bit, but i'm not that familiar with that area. around ranier and helens there are bound to be some roads, too. been around ranier on sr410, i think it is, then we went up windy ridge on the north side of helens. thats an awesome road. not sure if its open at the moment, maybe because of the volcano...

i've been contenting my self with the on and off ramps, lately.

5. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

sounds like a ways away...

i dunno. i'll find places. for now i'm going to mercer island around 6...

6. Chukanut Drive starts at I-5 exit #231(Burlington). It runs NW for 10 miles or so in a perfectly straight line. After that its pretty fun, but you gotta watch out for rocks and stuff seeing that it is cut into the sid eof the cliff. Just guessing about 10-12 miles of corners.

FYI there is a WSP shack just off the freeway on that exit, and that is one of thier favorite roads to patrol. Its really easy to go too fast, and they know it.

Bert

7. I know of a bunch of good roads both north and south. I have traveled extensively in western wa and found many good roads.

Recently, i was on a ride up north and found out about a great set of roads ne of arlington. Last weekend I was on a ride and got on some great roads sw of olympia.

ping me if you want more information.

Raven4

8. Guff

Guff Forum Admin Staff Member

Don't remember the name of the road, but a nice relaxing little ride is to take the main road out of Redmond heading S I think to Snoqualmie Falls. It's an awsome road to take a date on. Nice scenery and a hell of a destination for a quick stopping place. :wink:

-Guff

9. SR 9 is nice from arlington north... some really nice corners.

10. Try the Destination Highways Washington book for a quick reference to good roads in the state. There are a lot of "nice" roads over here in terms of scenery, but the really great riding roads are east of the Cascades in both Washington and Oregon.