close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Power Commander

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by TYBR6, Jun 29, 2005.

1. So I just got my bike and with it came an extensive list of mods like cams, cam gears, etc...Well one of the things that came with it was a power commander. Well we were noticing it really running like the power commander was functioning properly. So we pop off the back seat to find this...
    [​IMG]

The damn thing isn't plugged in(the red circle). The only thing plugged in is the AF ratio(blue circle). WTF??? I am going to go back there today and figure out what the hell is going on cause we couldn't find the plug for it anywhere. Really pisses me off

2. It is wired correctly by the looks of it at the PC end. The Red circle is for a 9 volt power supply to wire up to when you download maps from your hard drive of your computer. That's the only time that I know of when you need it. If the other end that goes under your tank is wired up to the fuel injection correctly you should be fine. Check the battery and there should be a negative hookup off that blue circle chord.

Tell you what, leave the seat off. Turn you power on and the ignition over. While doing that you should see the power comm light up.
    Then you know it's working fine.
    Next question is, did the guy who put it in download the correct map for the exhaust you have????

good luck, looks fine....

Chad

3. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

Yeah your wired up correctly! The white plug is for the 9 volt battery like stated above....

4. yeah the light comes on but doesn't go past 0 when I rev it, dont know if that correct or not

5. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

I dont recall mine going that high either. Ask them if it has been dyno tuned? Then you'll know that the bike is 100%. And you wont have to worry about ne more.

6. ok cool thanks for the advice and help. The thing that worried us was, when we switched from low, to mid or high rpm's it seemed like it didn't affect anything at all, but that may just be us and not knowing how it works fully