close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

pr: Sidi Vertigo Boots (non-corsa)

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by jezterr, May 17, 2005.

1. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

First of all, thanks again goes out to Rob at Lithium Motorsports for getting me these in such a timely manner. YOU ROCK.

The first thing I noticed when I put these on was that they feel like shoes. Comfy and cushy inside they felt normal and not at all uncomfortable. Then I played with the knob on the back of the calf, and they became one with my feet. I definitely felt like I was wearing some high tech gear for high performance. Getting up and walking around, they're a bit stiff and I didn't think I'd be able to feel the pedals at all with the boots on. I figure that'll be resolved once they break in properly.

Heading downstairs to the garage, I made the most noise I've ever made descending those stairs. Due to the stiffness of the new boots they acted almost like ski boots, with each step down making the most obnoxious stomp. Going across the parking lot, the lack of rhythmic squeaks that accompanied my old boots was welcoming. No need to grease these things, not for while, anyway.

I get on the bike and I was right. I couldn't quite get the feel of the pedals. Shifting up was sketchy, and shifting down had to be a heavy stomp, because I couldn't get much of an indication of where the pedals were. Due to the new rubber soles, I had trouble moving my feet forward and back on the peg. I literally had to lift my foot off the peg to get it under the shift pedal or the over the brake pedal, as opposed to simply sliding it along the top of the peg moving from my toes to the ball of my feet. Something else I think will be resolved once they're broken in...

On the highway, these things feel great. I felt like I was wearing heavy socks than boots, and only realized they were there when I was shifting or braking. Very comfy. I look forward to when these are totally broken in.

All I need are gloves and I'm set for my one trial track day and the Seattle 100.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

no, it's not dog shit.
    [​IMG]

2. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

I had those exact same boots and they were amazing! Too bad that I'm so short and there is no real soul on the bottom because I could no longer touch the ground. Very sad. Very sad to see them go. So congrats cuz those truly are some bad a$$ boots!

3. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

dr scholl's, man. helped fill them in a little...

4. spolic

spolic Ducati Pilot

Sidi makes the best shoes and boots. Would you expect anything less from Italy? (Ducati) My Mt. Bikes shoe are Sidi and I can't wait until I can scrape up enough cash to get some boots.

You could have at least wiped the dog crap off the bottom of the boots before taking the picture!

5. What was the cost of those bad boys. I am going to be getting new shoulder (no helmet) to toe gear next tax return time. I am going to be getting 2 peice leathers new gloves and new boots. I will have about 1500$ to spend any ideas what to go with.

6. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

go a step up from these and get the corsas. retail for $350 or around there... i don't have permission to divulge how much i got these boots for, but it was a killer deal. give rob a call at lithium motorsports and see what he says. for $1500 i bet he could set you up with a really nice set. tell him JR sent you from CBR600RR.com.

and i said IT'S NOT DOG SHIT.

7. It won't be till next year. But I figure 1500 should be more then enough to get me what I want.

8. Beer I went the bargain hunting route and picked up 2 pc vanson leathers and Oxtar boots (also italian) from www.newenough.com. Great company to buy from, very helpful and I would reccomend to anyone. The vanson zip together stuff takes longer to break in than most gear, but my coat fits like a GLOVE, the pants are getting there, and the oxtars are not only extremely comfortable, not to mention the only riding boot with a CE european safety equipment rating, but the toe plates are MAGNESIUM.... MMM sparky!

E

9. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

Another good website that we found for ordering stuff is www.kneedraggers.com They are pretty cheap on most large brand names because they ship directly to your home from the manufacturers. Or simply find soething cheap online that you like and ask one of the local dealerships if they can price match it. You know what place I am referring to....