close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

QUESTION

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Badoogas, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Badoogas

Badoogas Travis Pastrana Stunt Double

I know how to add pics, but where can I get webspace to add videos? Why can't we just upload them to the site??

2. The problem with the videos is not their size, but the bandwidth required. When 20 people download a 10meg video, your looking at 200mb's of bandwidth, and that equals $$$$.

3. Most people have some sort of high-speed internet. With it, you do get some sort of 50Mb's of online storage space which you can host vids there for free.

If your a student, such as WSU, they also give you 50Mb's of storage space.

All DSL and Cable providers for Internet provide some sort of storage space as part of their package. Whether you know you have it or not, and dont use it, it is still there.

4. Badoogas

HMMMMM...that sucks, I guess I'll go looking and let you guys know when I find some free web space. :roll:

5. DJ, who do you get your Internet through? Cause I know you have high speed...

6. Badoogas

psssshhttt....i have a dial up modem ;)
    jk

I have comcast.

7. Well then you have free 50Mb's of online storage you can use. Do not goto comcast.com (that's where you pay your bill), but instead goto www.comcast.net because you can go there and turn on your online web storage using your login and pass. Then just use any standard ftp program and you can transfer over whatever you want.

I use my Comcast storage for all my eBay auctions, since it's free and you dont have to worry about bandwidth. If you need any help with it when I'm in Seattle in a couple weeks, let me know.

Hope that helps.

8. Badoogas

that seems like it would be a lot of work....I know I could do it....but don't have the time! I have so many good videos though.