close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Racing is.....

Discussion in 'Track Time' started by vtwin, May 16, 2005.

1. Racing is fun fun, its the most fun way to break bones and spend money you could ever think about. Just do it!

2. I always thought racing was fun-damental.

3. So do you race? If so, when? where? how much will it cost for me to watch? how will I recognize you if I go? Fun-damentals! :)

4. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

i'm planning on take the classes to get the novice liscence the end of july. in the meantime its been recommened that when doing your first few track days you should hire a teacher to get you used to it and understand the fundamentals.

i still have to put together a set of leathers for the track, though. jacket is on the way, gotta start researching pants to fit, though.

5. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT CLASS. that's the same day as the seattle 100... you have to come help... :(

6. Track days are a cheaper way to break fewer bones. Call it racing lite, perhaps. I don't have time or money to race, but track days get all the speed ya-yas out of me just as well.

I wish I could do the Seattle 100, but I am already committed to other things that weekend.

7. Make that way way cheaper. If you are having a time getting leathers...you will definately have fun paying for lots of expensive race rubber and bike parts that get scrubbed off WHEN you go down.

8. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

There is a possibility my time here will be up in July and a buddy and I are seriously thinking about starting something up together. We already know we want to race we are just talking about other stuff too. Anyways he has told me about some school in Australia that we might go to together. After that I want to hit up all the schools and track days I can...

9. I will see you out there in novice class next year :mrgreen:

10. You probably won't see Dom but you'll definately hear him. :laughing

11. Yup
    And Be very scared too :evil4:

You're just like brian. You two are all over the place. Internet whores I tell ya. Too think I come to this place to be done with you guys. Stalkers!

12. to think you're not even on the technical forums I am. :nana

13. Racing is very expensive.........but so are women.....fuck it....just do it.

14. Its only money! You don't get to take it with you when you die. :clap

15. Track days are fun no doubt. Less expensive for sure.

BUT, racing allows you to be much more aggressive.

A close pass at a track day is uncalled for, unessessary, uncool and will probably get you "talked at"

Close racing is OK as long as you ride within your abilities.

Most guys will give you plenty of room. But when your racing with your buddies (or nemisis) you can pass very very close and, well "thats racing".

Stuff somebody into T5 or the busstop at at track day? NOT COOL, same thing during a race??? Thats Racing...

16. I don't get out much.

Appears that neither does this forum...

17. Here's the answer...

Racing is....

FUN! :)

Oh yeah, and go ChiSox. :nana: