close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Re post: Trying to meet up on 6/9 for "meet and greet

Discussion in 'Westside' started by 600bandit, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Just thought I would restart this post. Want to see who all can make it tomorrow evening, and some ideas on where we should meet. so far I've heard Cafe Veloce, Golden Gardens, and that coffee shop in Bellevue.

2. While I think that Golden Gardens is good... it's off the beaten path,

Greenlake, I think, is a great spot. Right there by Spuds, or Starbucks, there are some bars there too... and high-traffic. Another great place is on Capital hill at the Garage Billards/Bowling on Broadway...

I don't know if parking is going to be an issue as I would assume it won't be a HUGE turnout for the first meeting, and if it grows... I'm sure it can be moved. But keeping it central, and with a place to hang out-- like at a cafe/bar, is a good idea.

3. "I don't know if parking is going to be an issue as I would assume it won't be a HUGE turnout for the first meeting, and if it grows"

One advantage of Cafe Veloce: plenty of free parking in their lot. There is one area where only motorcycles can squeeze in. I would post a photo if I knew how.

4. I vote for greenlake for the first meeting that seemed to be where the majority of people were in favor of last time... let's go for spuds as i have (and i know i'll catch hell for this) a moral pbjection to starbucks

5. Yeah, GG is an end of the road kinda spot, was just a random thought. Greenlake works for me; it's only 10 blocks from my house though, I'll have to find some way to take the long route ;)

So, this Spuds?

Spuds Fish & Chips/Greenlake Store
    6860 E Green Lake Way N
    Seattle, WA 98115

And what time, 6, 7?

6. I can make it to greenlake, I get off at 6 so it may be closer to 7 before I can get there

7. works for me i vote for 7pm...

8. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

I think I'm gonna cruise by...my CBR is in the shop today, may or may not be done this afternoon, but I did ride my little Interceptor 250 commuter bike to work today, so either way I'll be on one of my bikes. 7pm at Spuds sounds good, I'll be hungry and they have cheap food, plus Greenlake is a great place for posin'...even on a 250!

9. I don't think I'll be making it up there. Have some greasy grub for me.

10. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

Well, I'm off to kill a couple hours, then I'll see whoever shows up at 7pm! No call from the bike shop, so I'm rolling in style on the big, bad 2-fiddy "chickenhawk"...BEWARE! :headbang:

11. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

tried to swing by spud's around 8:00 to see if y'all stuck around for anything... got on the express way... and got lost!

finally found my way back... found the starbucks you guys were talking about, but i couldn't find spuds for the life of me... was looking for a group of bikes, really, so i figured you all had left...

can we say jezterr is "we todd ed?"

12. We were there until about 8:30, spuds is just south of the starbucks. on the other side of the park.

13. coming soon...jezterr free photo's.... crackup: it's all that starbuck's coffee it's making you lose you mind

14. a-o-k superdave here we go... camera and photobucket were pissing me off so no crack about pic quality

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks to red raevyn for the chain tightening advice...tried to do it on my own today and ended up with a very tight chain....oh well live and learn...it was very nice to meet a few of you and i look forward to seeing you again on Sun (should the god-forsaken weather hold out)