close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ready for camping/SBNW

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Red Raevyn, Jun 10, 2005.

1. No sleeping in the cars and trailers of random generous people for me again this year! Have a few camping trips planned as well, including the Olympics early next week. I got this tent for $40, and two 40 deg. sleeping bags for $10 each! I may get a wee bit chilly on some mountain nights, but I couldn't pass up that sale price. (all at Fred Meyer). I took some bungee nets but no straps to the store with me (don't have em yet) so it was a comedic ride home. There was a Sleeping bag on the back of the rear seat, a tent sticking out the top of my girlfriend's backpack, and another sleeping bag she was holding in between us. Needless to say we avoided the highway :lol:

The tent is really easy to take up and down (<5 minutes up or down when you're used to it I'm sure) and packs up nice and small, I think it'll sit on the tail well. It has a full rain fly as well that connects easily.

Emily insisted on trying it out at home...

[​IMG]

If anyone has some nice roads they wanna let me know about, do share. I'm thinking of taking the Edmonds ferry over early in the morning, then taking 112 or something W. I've heard of good roads near Hurricane Ridge - is that stuff south of Port Angeles nice? Looks beautiful on the map... I wanna end up at the Olympics State Park on the real west coast at the end of the day.

2. The Ridge road south of PA is really nice. West of PA as well. 101 along Crescent Lake is sweet (if the traffic isn't too bad). The highway north of the lake that goes out to Neah Bay is great too. Enjoy!

3. 101 has nice spots, but I dont like the tourists or the cops. I prefer roads that are lightly patrolled.

Hi Emily. Does she have a motorcycle yet?

4. She has one back in PA, a hand-me-down Kat 600 from me, but nothing out here. She's not interested in riding her own bike in the city anyway. The Kat's a bit heavy for her so it's getting sold, and once we move out of the city we'll probably get her a Ninja 500 or something.

5. Yes, yes, yes...joyous words to hear...get her a Ninja!

Ninjas: Women love them and men fear them. It's not just a motorcycle, it's a way of life.