close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Relocating questions

Discussion in 'Bellingham' started by Moltenice, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Hey I have posted a thread about moving up that way in December and I am still tying to figure out the areas. I initially looked into Lake Stevens but it appears it would be a little too costly for the place and the travel to work (ferry) so now I found something in Bellingham area that I am about to move on but I thought I would get some opinions on what I should expect. The house is in Sudden Valley close to Lake Louise. Any info on that area??

2. The sudden valley area is nice in some spots and not so nice in others. Do you know what gate you live by? Depending on the time the drive can also take a little while

3. hey if your coming from the north keep in mind sometimes u will not be able to get through to whidbey, if there are power lines in the road or a wreck you will literally be stuck for hours with no ETA depending on where it happens. I used to commute from Mt. Vernon and i seem to recall this happening several times each winter.

4. chrispittman

chrispittman ineedmywigchopped

that area up there is good. Wayyyyy too far away for most bike nights though, haha. crackup: you gotta get your priorities straight..live where bikenights are close to, don't base it on your job location, pshhh.:nana

5. HAHA... yeah right now in San Diego I drive about 20 miles to my SRT nights so I am sure I will make it out to some of them.

Here is a link to the place I am interested in.
    http://www.ebrightwight.com/images/rentpics/13littlestrawberryln/default.htm

I like the place alot (esp the garage) but it looks like there might be some freaking bears and shit walking through there!!!!!!!

6. Oak Harbor

It says it is 49 miles which is my commute now in SD. I work 5 days and have 4 off so I get a break.

7. That house is in Gate 3. I live in Sudden Valley, also...Gate 3. To get from there to Oak Harbor, you're looking at about an hour. Mt. Vernon, Burlington, Sedro-Woolley, or Anacortes would put you closer to work, but I firmly believe Bellingham is much nicer than these towns. Anacortes is so small you'll have to go to Burlington to do much of anything; Sedro is kinda hillbilly; Mt. V/Burlington has too much traffic and in my opinion, a bit of a scuzzy feel.

Sudden Valley is beautiful and you get a lot of home for your money. You can bargain for a good deal on homes there now because so many new ones have been built, but the real estate bubble has essentially burst...they're just not selling. I've had FIVE new homes built around my house in the past year...only ONE is occupied. If you buy there, you'll probably end up dealing with Chris Weitzel (pompous fack) and his Re-max drones. One word of caution: try to get a place that has a decent driveway. These houses are basically built on the side of a small mountain/big hill, and MANY homes have steep, sloping driveways. Ours is kinda steep, but not that long, so it's OK. Some are steep and 60 or 70 feet long...makes me shudder at the idea of backing my truck down them during the winter.

We have a beautiful 18-hole golf course and a little mini mart that has everything you need without having to go into Bellingham (15 minute drive). There is a good mix of younger people (25-40) and older folks. Association dues are about $43/mo and homes are gas heated, which is cheaper than electricity.

Can you tell I like where I live? :)

8. chrispittman

20 miles is a walk compared to what you'd do going to a bikenight, KK in mt vernon is as far north they go, would be like 30 or 40 and if you wanted to go to the most popular XXX you hear so much about it'd be not even close to worth it...70+ miles from Bham.

9. Not worth it at this time of year. During the summer, hellz yeah.

10. livestar

livestar Forum Flaming Firecrotch

yeah but Bellingham has bike nights also and Mt Vernon from where he would live is a fun ass ride.

11. chrispittman

Seriously, you've been to XXX in the summer from Bham, to hang out and have a burger damn I thought it was boarderline pointless for me, lol and I live like an hour closer to it than you do, lordy.:shock:

12. I haven't been, but I'll go next season. It's more about the ride down there and back, and hangin' with some new folks...I could give a rat's azz about a burger and Coke.

13. chrispittman

True I wish I knew the backroads I usually I5/405/I90 it there. :tard:

14. 8) Yeah that doesnt sound bad at all. When looking through the real estate guides I have always been fond of the Sudden Valley area even though I have never actually been there. I will be up there in a couple weeks to check it out. That house is basically brand new and has everything I am looking for and more.

The meets I can figure out once I have a place to live :mfclap:

15. chrispittman

haha yeah and don't worry I totally forgot they do have bellingham meets, I'm not sure how many people go but they have them and if I get this office depot job in mt. vernon I may just see you there. 8)

16. bellnghmrider- hey how much does it actually snow up there? I see the driveway has a bit of a slope to it and I cant imagine a 400HP FWD car/Bike will enjoy snow/ice very much :shock:

17. chrispittman

no matter how much HP it has doesn't change the fact it's a neon..:thefinge:
    I'm totally kidding I love the car. SRT 4's are sick and sound amazing, I love the stock mopar BOV's. SO LOUD.

18. gixxerjeff

gixxerjeff emw2k9 beer pong champions

my dad/ errr i live in sudden valley. Its nice and quiet place to live. lots of elderish people. i enjoy it during the summers. ab out a 10 minute ride into town. i think i have made it in about 4 minutes though if you know what i mean. all in all sudden valley is a pretty nice place to live. and then we can hang out together during the summers. plus when you hit the throttle, the whole valley can hear the exhaust, its fun

19. gixxerjeff

gixxerjeff emw2k9 beer pong champions

it maybe snows 5-10 days a year. and most of the time it is less than an inch. nothing really to worry about. with sudden valley, they have places where a shit load of cars can park when it snows, because many have steep drive ways. nothing to really worry about. rains a lot. but snow is not a problem