close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Remember this Honda from 2001

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Honda took the American round of the WSB championship as an opportunity to introduce a concept sport bike dubbed New American Sports. The focus of the machine is largely aesthetics (coupled with performance, of course).

The latest and greatest sport bikes feature engine performance and handling that exceeds the abilities of the vast majority of riders. Undoubtedly, with this in mind, Honda turns its sports concept towards aesthetics. Indeed, the "eye candy" (as Honda calls it) in this beautiful prototype is perhaps characteristic, in some respects, of an Italian design. It is great to see a Japanese manufacturer pushing sport bike design to new frontiers.

The V-twin engine is about the only conventional aspect of the machine. Take a look at these photos. The right side, for instance, has wheels (both front and rear) unobstructed by brakes, swingarm or suspension pieces. The left side, meanwhile, has a beautifully sculpted swingarm and rim-mounted front brake disc. We will have to see if, and when, Honda incorporates similar design elements in its production machines.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

almost looks like someone dropped it. the tail's all crooked...

3. I agree jezterr..that and the front looks like ass in my opinion because it doesnt look symmetrical atal..and we all know that symmetry is beauty.. :lol:

4. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

One word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONCEPT

5. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

It looks like it would be nice to do long dinstances on because then you could just lay on/over the tank in a very comfortable position.......but then again that could put you to sleep.....lol :shock:

6. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

i guess that makes all of our bikes ugly... i actually like how that thing looks... very clean.

7. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

don't worry.....I like it too

:nana

8. I think its a work of art! I like it when people do unconventional things with bikes, change the shape of things, alter perceptions and quit doing the same damn thing. Brilliant swingarm, great shapes, intricate but strong. Exhaust is BADASS! To take something functional and make it look that good takes talent. Ending the frame without any conjunction with the swingarm is a bold statement that I like. I would definitely bag the ram air setup and do something different, just doesnt flow with the rest of the bike. And on the tail, the actual tail/subbie is straight, its the hugger thats F-ed.

E

9. I just ment the way it looks from the front. Half my comment was sarcasm..I didnt mean any offense.

10. Looks alot like a morphed custom superhawk ta me.
    Similar frame and rear swinger mounting points, v twin power plant.

11. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

dude, all good. i'm the least serious guy here. don't believe anything i say. i'm full of shit.

i do like the way it looks, though.

12. Bah. your full of shit.

13. cordodor

cordodor Retired

yeah, nice attempt at the recovery though...

14. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

some people think i'm full of candy...

15. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

I'm not licking you just to find out.....

16. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

your loss, but i swear i taste like jolly ranchers... :mrgreen:

17. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

Really??? JOlly Ranchers?? What flavor....sour apple?! crackup:

18. Why did Honda go backwards with the 1000RR's clutch cover if they had it right back in 2001?

19. Kris

Kris Italian Stallion

if i owned one i probably would think i'm the sh!t. however it looks like something out of power rangers or something. not a fan.

20. I'd like to see it in black....