close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rent or purchase motorcycle trailer

Discussion in 'Westside' started by hawk2010, Jun 21, 2017.

1. I really do not have space for trailer but will consider a purchase. This is not an immediate need but have a vacation coming up next month and have a Harley Street glide and yamaha v-star so need at least 1500 lbs capacity. I am in Kirkland.

I will rent for a reasonable rate. Need it for about 10 days - 2 weeks not sure yet...

2. If you use U-Haul, get amp trailer (RT) or a dedicated 2 cycle trailer.

3. Chrishil54 likes this.
  4. U-Haul is a good option. done it before to tow my bike down to the ridge and back.. If they ask where you going don't disclose, cheaper that way lol

5. Trailers are rented at a flat daily rate unless you are dropping it off someplace else. If you do a one way, they have to know where you are going so they can set up the return location.

Now if you rent it with the understanding you are returning where you picked it up, and return it someplace else, the additional charges can be very steep. Per the rental contract, (yes it is a legal contract which is why you have to be at least 18 years old to rent from UHaul), you are responsible for all charges until it is returned to the original rental location.