close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ride 4-30-05 (Saturday)

Discussion in 'Pullman / Moscow' started by Skier, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Looking at my work schedule, I have Saturday off ( :thumbrig: )! If you guys are interested, we can do another ride, hopefully a little longer one. My CptS prof Biker Bob told me about a route that's apparently really scenic and fun that takes you through Moscow and almost up to Cour'D Alene (forgot how to spell it and I'm so tired I'm almost typing with my face). White Pine loop, or something of that nature.

Head to Moscow, then Troy, head out of Troy northward to Harvard, not Genesee, then end up at St. Mary's.

I'll see if I can get a mapquest rendition up sometime soon, but I promise nothing... so tired, I hear the 2 liter bottles of Mountain Dew calling me from Dissmores.... :coffee:

Also, if you need to get ahold of me, best way is via email or AIM/MSN, I'm almost always on those. Email address is skier AT screaming3d.com and AIM: "SkierARS" ; MSN Messenger: skiermang@hotmail.com .

2. Gahurr, might help if I say when/where. 11 AM, Pullman Tesoro sound good?

3. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

I would love to, but I have to get with a buddy and finish the computer assignment in.....linear algebra.

Whoooooooooooooooooooo! Lots of fun! While you are all cruising, I will be finding eigenvectors in matlab.

By the way, Biker Bob isn't by chance the Jack the Hag is it? I heard some other guys calling him Biker Bob before, but I don't know if it's coincidence.

4. Eigen vectors and values were one of the easier things to do in linear. I remember the computer assignments in that class to be the easiest thing ever.

And no, Biker Bob is not Jack H. Biker Bob is Bob Warnick. He looks the part of a biker (since he rode for many many years) and doesn't look like a guy who sucks on Microsoft's collective phallus whenever he gets a chance.

I can't wait for CptS 322 next semester. :/

5. cordodor

cordodor Retired

Man, I hated Hagemeister. I also hated CS322. Biker Bob was cool though. i took CS401 from him. Sounds like a fun ride. Too bad I cant make it. Have fun!

6. I'll ride 4/30. 11 am Tesoro.

7. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Whooo don't I feel smrt!

For some reason I thought this thread was about riding tommorrow ( 4/23 ), and not ( 4/30 ). Tomorrow I'm going to be doing Linear Algebra. The 30th, I'm tentatively open. Some weird vibe tells me that something is going to come up, but I may still be able to hang.

By the way, right you guys are about the linear algebra. I'm a slow thinker, so I tried to prepare before I hook up with my friend and work on it tomorrow...but in the process, I almost have the thing done...I didn't realize how easy that assignment was. The teacher made such a big deal out of it like it was going to be like a term paper or something. Now just some Physics and CS223 to finish up, and the rest of the semester will be a breeze.

8. if i think i know the route you are talking about it is a very nice ride except for the 7 miles of road construction. i rode about 140 miles on a loop though troy, clarkia, potlatch, and palouse. very nice scenery and some twisties. ill be down for a ride anywhere though

9. sorry, cant ride today afterall. That is if anyone is going today from Pullman.

10. I would like to tag along on the 4/30 ride also. That is beautiful country! :)

11. Just a bump so you guys don't forget. :)

12. Still game for it. Chatted with Whistle Clean a bit today and he's still down, as well.

Tell all your friends!

13. Im pretty sure Ill make it too.

14. Well, I've told Nick about this ride three or four (or five) times, hopefully he'll show up!

15. Finally signed up for this shit.
    Anyway, I did a ride very similar to the one you have described about 4 years ago, but we went through the St. Joe National Forest on our way up North to St. Maries. If you want some sweet scenery and nice twisties, then take that route on the way north. Also that part of Idaho has some great straights with no one around if I remember correctly, too bad I can't properly utilize all that room to top out the ol' KLR. I'll be there, and I'll research the St. Joe route just to be sure.
    ~Nick

16. I plan on taking a scouting run in that direction sometime Friday afteroon, say, 4 ish, if anyone's interested.

17. If i dont take the boat out ill definately go scope it friday.

18. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

welcome to the board, Nick!