close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ride Sunday 7/29 to Detroit and Sweet Home

Discussion in 'Portland Region' started by SpeedGeek, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Meet time: 9:30
    Leave: 10:00 sharp
    Location: 76 station on HWY 213. & Clackamas River Dr in Oregon City
    Pace will be moderate, but this isn't a "newby friendly" ride due to the route and roads. By moderate, I mean we will be riding brisk in the corners and cruising the straights not track day pace, but still fun. We won't leave anyone behind.
    This is a 320 mile ride so plan for all day.

2. This address?
    13001 Clackamas River Dr
    Oregon City, OR 97045

3. That be it!

4. I will be there but may only go halfway.

5. Just did that today. Did you say mellow? :nana

6. im out.
    sorry.
    had a rough night with little sleep.

7. I rode to Detroit - Breakfast - Home on Sunday. Left at 7:15 Am, but no matter how hard I rode i could not catch you guys. There was little traffic, I think because of the clouds people stayed home. It was nice once you got past Estacada. How was the added run over to Sweet Home?[​IMG][/IMG]

8. anybody find a video camera along the way... crackup:

tim

9. Don't try to catch the white Busa. I'm speaking from experience if you know what I'm sayin

10. Tell us more Crippy lol
    R6jon said SpeedGeek was fast. That's all I need to know.

11. We had a mellow ride. M-E-L-L-O-W 8)
    We only went to Detroit, had lunch, then turned and rode back. None of felt up to the extra miles of continuing to Sweet Home and back.

It was a beautiful day, great ride, and no incidents. Didn't find any video this trip, but I hear there was a video found on Saturday's ride to Windy Ridge :ninja:

12. Busas are only fast if there is a Starbucks down the road (or the daughter on the back has to pee) :evil4:

13. In pictures I recognize Busa's easily from the front, however out on the road I usually recognize them from the rear.

14. Good thing I went with to Windy Ridge. Freaking nice there.

Link?

15. It hasn't been posted yet.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  16. Somebody keep me posted. I love to watch this stuff!

17. Speedgeek fast? hmmm:nana, lol.:thefinge:

I found camera on the way up to windy ridge saturday, it looks like I might to save some footage off of it. ill try and post it if i can.

18. Your comment made no damn sense. And here I thought I was the "foreigner" of the group. crackup:

19. an asian correcting grammer.... classic. :mrgreen:

tim

20. Can anyone share the "planned, but unridden" route from Detroit to Sweet Home ?, that looks like it could be an interesting addition to a ride sometime (presuming its not 22 and 20) Also is there a sport bike worthy road further south connecting to the Aufderheide ?