close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ride the middle of the world

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by ewog, Oct 14, 2012.

1. You an PanDan can go off on that little venture if'n y'all want.
    I'll take one for the team and stay here an guard the fort.

2. galenernest

galenernest I bathe with candles, flowers, jazz music, and rub

Is that a video you made?

3. This is awesome. I spent 3 months in Ecuador studying Spanish and visited many of the same cities but certainly not all. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos!

4. After a breakfast of eggs and toast. [​IMG] Off to check out the city. [​IMG] There was a cool old church. [​IMG] [​IMG]The entrance to the city park. [​IMG] lots of shops. We saw on guy selling coca leaves. (the leaves are legal here as long as they are not processed). [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It was intersting to see the mix of cultures. [​IMG]
    Dogs on rooftops are common here. [​IMG] [​IMG]We went to Freedom Bike Rentals and checked out the shop and bikes. Tomorrow we ride. Had to include a shot of this guy. [​IMG]

5. Awesome footage. Makes me want to take a trip like that. BTW, what's a 'Vidoe"? :nana

6. Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

7. Through the lens of your camera, I see a beautiful people with a rich heritage. In other words- LIFE. Rich and full life.
    This thread is nothing short of awesome!
    You have a gift, Paul. Please keep the updates coming. I hope they never stop!
    Dan

8. Wow, just beautiful. :) I'd love to hear more about your ride! Thank you for posting!

9. After a briefing on what to expect while riding in Ecuador. Things like watch out for busses they own the road here. People at intersections make left turns in front of you and stay close together in the cities. we headed out of Quito. Our first stop was a museum to learn a little about Ecuador. In the Amazon basin there are fish that if you urinate in the water will fallow the urine stream and lodge themselves in your pluming. There are also tribes there that have no contact with outsiders. The Ecuador government does not know how many people live in the Amazon. It is vast and impenetrable. We were shown real shrunken heads and told how they are made. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

We headed out to explore the Andes. These mountains are very steep and beautiful. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    After a full day of riding we arrived at the lake where we would be staying for the night. [​IMG]
    We took a boat ride down the shore and where given some kind of hot cinnamon rum drink. It was a warming treat as the sun set and the temperature dropped. [​IMG]

10. mjn

mjn Forum Admin Staff Member

Absolutely awesome!

Keep 'em coming!!!!!

11. <----- speechless!

Hyperbus01 likes this.
  12. Thanks Paul, wonderful pictures and story,,,

13. This high in the Andes the morning air is brisk. We headed west & down. Down into the jungle where the air is heavy with humidity. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

There are banana and lime trees growing wild here. [​IMG] [​IMG]

We hiked to a waterfall for a much needed cool down. Riding gear is needed here for the "O SHIT" moments, but it's hot here on the equator. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

We crossed a suspended bridge and got my favorite photo of the trip. [​IMG]

Recalling my ride, writing about my adventure, I realize one of my dreams came true and how awesome my time in Ecuador was.

As the day begins to fade, we arrive at our destination for the night. [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. That's prime.
    Thanks for continuing report.

15. Holy crap - that is amazing!!