close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ride Thursday (the 23rd)

Discussion in 'Pullman / Moscow' started by Skier, Jun 22, 2005.

1. We'll actually get this one done. 4:45 or so at the Pullman Tesoro, after Andrew and I take care of his bike. Poor thing didn't like the Marvel Mystery Oil we fed it!

2. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

I'll probably get there a little early and grab a bit to eat...

3. grab a byte for me

4. I have a feeling that as soon as I get the plugs changed and the new air filter in, it should run better... hopefully... I am embarrased to bring the damn thing to the weekly meets because it seems to always have a problem getting started after I park it...

I swear, it was never like this before.

On another note, I should be at Tesoro by 4:30, but have to be back by 7:30-8:00... Skier was talking about running down and hitting up anatone grade... It should be fun... I am excited to see the speed triple in action. Congratz Shwaa.

5. gimme a call when you guys leave Pullman and I'll meet ya on spiral. 509-552-5867
    T

6. Thanks for the ride today guys. Next time we'll have to make some more time to play on the cloverland hill 8)

7. yeah thanks. Anatone grade was pretty sweet and got my first taste o' spiral. All and all very fun. Sorry I had to make it so rush rush. Didn't get home till close to eight. Oh well. the ex was pissed but what are you going to do?

8. That's the great thing about riding......you forget all about the X....at least until you get back home and have to deal with them :crazyloc:

9. Had a great time, as usual, despite the local wildlife's attempts at death and destruction. Hardly A. Thefe had a bird nail his bike and rip the right side fairing off at speed, derailing his and Trixie's ride. Tequila Bob and I, the intrepid adventurers, pressed on to meet Wheelietime and his wife at the top of Spiral. We zipped down it, hit up Anatone Grade and came back. On the way back from Anatone, I caught a bird on my helmet's chin, where it proceeded to bounce off my shoulder, land in my lap and flip out the side of the bike at 60 MPH. Hope that fucker is roadkill now! :evil:

Thankfully, Hardly's fairing was fixed up with some WalMart special plastic epoxy stuff, or so he says. I hope it holds out alright.

It's funny how his fairing was MORE secure than stock after the bungee-cord-and-electrical-tape McGuyvering we did on the side of the road. crackup:

10. was Trixie available with her camera. I think pictures of the bungey cord work would be priceless. Those birds were really out in force today huh? I had one hit me on my shoulder at 160ish a couple of years ago. Left a bruise the size of texas, and I don't bruise easily. Funny thing was how much air that bird cought after hitting me....must have flew 20 feet up in the air from the impact and about knocked my right hand off the throttle. :shock:

11. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

Sorry I missed the ride guys, I had to get to Post Falls to pick up radiator fluid. Sorry to hear that I missed out on all the excitement. I did however meet up with Spokane people in front of the Depot when I drove by. I thought I would stop by for a few minutes and it ended up being a few hours. I hope to see them all again when I actually have my bike with me and not the four banger.

12. Kolat

Kolat emw2k9 beer pong champions

I had a bird nail my bike from the side as I was putting thru my parking lot at my apartments, sorry about the ghay wheelie shwaa, I did'nt crack the throttle enough :)

T

13. No... unfortunately, no one had a camera handy.... OH!!! WHAT'S THIS?!?!?! :shock:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. That's what I'm talkin about !! Madmax roadside repair 101 in session. Way to get creative and get her home.

15. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

LOL KOLAT!! You didn't have enough room until the stop light. Two words about Spokane...STUPID CAGERS.

16. Damn bird came out of a field as I was zipping by, it hit the front of the fairing at just the right spot to break the tab on the top portion holding it to the bike, as the wind caught it, it whipped back and snapped, leaving about a 6" section still attached by the exhaust.
    I after the epoxy set I spent about 2 hours sanding away at it to make it smooth so I can spray it tomorrow and have the bike up and on the road in a few days. Thank god the entire thing is semi-flat black... makes repairs like this go REALLY fast.

Thanks again to Trixie and Skier for their help.. and TequilaBob for laughing.... come to think of it... all of you were laughing...

Oh well... it could have been worse... I could have been the bird.

17. It was an Idaho bird association....SNIPER!! :shock:

18. Was that on the road running along the river just after we departed from wheelietime and a couple miles out of Clarkston? If so I am pretty sure it is road kill because I ran a little tweeter over that was a little jacked up and flapping around on the road.

19. Yep, that was the spot. Pretty much just after the speed limit went up to 55 or 60. Glad to hear it's a poodle now.

20. I'm not sure it's legal to run over another mans tweeter crackup: